MVP vs. Wonderboy

D'z

Me against 40 of you?...A fair fight! -Big L
@Black
Reaction score
Screw Till, somehow/someway this fight needs to happen while these two are still in their prime.

MVP is fun to watch but only fights cans.

After Perry gets cut, they need to make Perry vs. MVP. The lead up to the fight would be fantastic.

MVP is fun to watch but only fights cans.

After Perry gets cut, they need to make Perry vs. MVP. The lead up to the fight would be fantastic.
I like it. I think he's wasting his career/prime in Bellator.

Why ? You can just go watch some Raymond Daniels kickboxing matches, the skil level will be the same if not higher

I like it. I think he's wasting his career/prime in Bellator.
He doesn't seem to mind though. He's been fighting these chumps for years, with no sign of trying to fight higher competition. I don't think he wants anything to do with anyone that can grapple.

Why ? You can just go watch some Raymond Daniels kickboxing matches, the skil level will be the same if not higher
Because this is MMA and these guys are at the height of their perspective careers and they have that point Karate style back ground, I wanna see who's better in the cage. That's why.

I can’t stand MVP in the cage. Outside he seems fairly decent.
They kept saying what a “true martial artist” he was last night.

Martial arts are about respect for your opponent. He bows in the cage then acts like a tool bag while fighting

Good fight. It's hard to know what MVP's level really is until he fights someone with a pulse, but he does look spectacular. I'd put my money on Thompson because he's a proven commodity, but I wouldn't exactly bet the house.

He doesn't seem to mind though. He's been fighting these chumps for years, with no sign of trying to fight higher competition. I don't think he wants anything to do with anyone that can grapple.
It's hard to disagree with you. When I first saw him fight years ago, I thought he'd long since be Bellator WW champ by now, probably angling for a champ vs champ fight with the UFC's WW champ. As a fan, I'm disappointed.

I can’t stand MVP in the cage. Outside he seems fairly decent.
They kept saying what a “true martial artist” he was last night.

Martial arts are about respect for your opponent. He bows in the cage then acts like a tool bag while fighting

Was Miyamoto Musashi not a ‘true martial artist’ then?

Jeez, listen to more joe rogan.

F1B5B121-1D73-4CFE-9632-7D6502AFF36B.jpeg

I think Wonderboy would have a big grappling advantage. MVP looked insanely quick on the feet but Rickels was telegraphing everything and I think he made MVP look even faster than he is. I really wouldn't be surprised if WB took him down and mauled him. Conversely I wouldn't be surprised if they both just stared at each other for the entirety of the fight. If MVP tried to do the Roy Jones JR/Anderson Silva taunts against WB he would be getting kicked constantly and be outpointed. Do you think MVP could get past Jon Fitch in Bellator?

As much of a true can crusher MVP is... He has undeniable talent!

He has insane power, man. And the speed is ridiculous. The guy needs to stop fucking around and takeover.... I really think he has better striking than most WW in the UFC. However his wrestling is untested.

I think Wonderboy would have a big grappling advantage. MVP looked insanely quick on the feet but Rickels was telegraphing everything and I think he made MVP look even faster than he is. I really wouldn't be surprised if WB took him down and mauled him. Conversely I wouldn't be surprised if they both just stared at each other for the entirety of the fight. If MVP tried to do the Roy Jones JR/Anderson Silva taunts against WB he would be getting kicked constantly and be outpointed. Do you think MVP could get past Jon Fitch in Bellator?
He clealy taunts because he knows he can... If you worried that WB would outpoint MVP because of taunting, youre giving MVP props

Well, to be honest, I don't know. That's the sort of fight I've been waiting for as a fan. I do think he has the speed, accuracy, and power to KO any WW on the planet. Whether he's able to do it or not, impossible to tell with his given resume.

That said, damned if his highlight reel isn't a special kind of spectacular.

As much of a true can crusher MVP is... He has undeniable talent!

He has insane power, man. And the speed is ridiculous. The guy needs to stop fucking around and takeover.... I really think he has better striking than most WW in the UFC. However his wrestling is untested.
Agreed 100%.

Screw Till, somehow/someway this fight needs to happen while these two are still in their prime.

agreed

I dont understand how they never fought in their own sport before mma. They were the 2 best guys in that sport.

He clealy taunts because he knows he can... If you worried that WB would outpoint MVP because of taunting, youre giving MVP props
I think MVP is extremely talented. I just think he would straighten up a bit against WB. He cut the gimmicks in the third when he fought Fernando Gonzalez who's forward pressure in the third had MVP frustrated.

He doesn't seem to want anything to do with someone that can strike either.

Wonderboy is an elite WW

No chance MVP even considers ever fighting him

Back