Till vs Wonderboy about to bite UFC in the ass.

revoltub

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Till is a very talented fighter, that is clear. He is young and has every indication of being a future champ.

But This is a case of being pushed too early.

The UFC WOULD NOT make this fight of they thought Till would lose. The fight is in the UK, against the number 1 ranked guy, with Till being only ranked 8 and having 1 top 10 win I believe.

UFC knows people don't want to see wonderboy v tyron 3. They made this fight because they want to get rid of wonderboys claim to a title shot and insert Till as the new UK star since Bisping is older and Conor is MIA.

However, this has already backfired. Till showed he struggles to make weight. And going by this, it is safe to assume that he might not make weight if he gets a title shot.

So now we have a situation where, if till loses to wonderboy, it will crush UFCs plans to rid wonderboy of title contention. However, even if till wins, he has proven he needs to move to MW, and Wonderboy just like that is back in the WW title picture with no Till to worry about.

UFC strikes gold sometimes with this. An example would be Cody vs Dom. Other times they fuck up, example Francis vs Stipe.

Point is that ufc clearly made this fight to kill 2 birds with one stone: get rid of wonderboy and make a star out of till.

And god forbid the fight doesnt happen, which is a big possibility.

good points

except Southern Ireland (where Conor's from) is not part of the UK

Till is a very talented fighter, that is clear. He is young and has every indication of being a future champ.

But This is a case of being pushed too early.

The UFC WOULD NOT make this fight of they thought Till would lose. The fight is in the UK, against the number 1 ranked guy, with Till being only ranked 8 and having 1 top 10 win I believe.

UFC knows people don't want to see wonderboy v tyron 3. They made this fight because they want to get rid of wonderboys claim to a title shot and insert Till as the new UK star since Bisping is older and Conor is MIA.

However, this has already backfired. Till showed he struggles to make weight. And going by this, it is safe to assume that he might not make weight if he gets a title shot.

So now we have a situation where, if till loses to wonderboy, it will crush UFCs plans to rid wonderboy of title contention. However, even if till wins, he has proven he needs to move to MW, and Wonderboy just like that is back in the WW title picture with no Till to worry about.

UFC strikes gold sometimes with this. An example would be Cody vs Dom. Other times they fuck up, example Francis vs Stipe.

Point is that ufc clearly made this fight to kill 2 birds with one stone: get rid of wonderboy and make a star out of till.

And god forbid the fight doesnt happen, which is a big possibility.

You clearly put some solid thought into this and I agree on a lot of points. I do believe if Till does win the UFC will give him every opportunity to maintain @WW probably offering their institute services and personal to help him make weight for events, investing in a potential ppv HW (no pun intended)

Last edited:
If they truly thought there was no way Till would lose to Wonderboy then they're dumb as fuck. Till only has one quality win and that came against a guy he probably outweighed by 20+ pounds on fight night who was coming into that fight on a quick turnaround after a war against Matt Brown.

Agree with both TS and the UFC. Runderboy vs the Frozen One 3 would be a nightmare scenario

last I checked only northern Ireland is part of the UK
Dubliners get pretty upset if you lump them in with them

I've never heard of a place called Southern Ireland.

I've heard of a place called Northern Ireland and a place called Ireland.

Nice try but Ive prepared for this

400006360.gif

Back