Will Conor have the mental edge going into the fight against Khabib?

Ortegoat

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
everyone of Conor’s opponents, except Diaz, thought that would breeze through Conor via takedowns at will and gnp

Leading up to the fight, his opponents, talked so much shit about how Conor doesn’t stand a chance and eventually they psyched themselves out, or Conor is better than they thought, or the spot light got to them.

Do you think Conor will be able to win the mental game against Khabib leading up to the fight?

How does he accomplish this?

everyone of Conor’s opponents, except Diaz, thought that would breeze through Conor via takedowns at will and gnp

I don't think that you are very familiar with Conor's past opponents and their fighting styles.

The mental sickness edge, yeah.

Seriously, hard to say. Maybe Konour still believe he is invincible, or maybe the ling hiatus and facing such a bad matchup in Khabib will get to him. Who knows?

Why minimize Conor to his mental game? I think it's pretty overrated. It clearly got to Poirier and Aldo but that's about it, most of his work is done by how good of a fighter he is. Khabib won't let anyone trash talk him which we saw with how he confronted Lobov, but he's composed and if he knows he'll get the chance to settle things in the octagon, I doubt he'll let it affect him. With Khabib's background, I think he's used to people trying to get under his skin. Whether he could do to Conor what all the other guys said they could do is a good question, but he's the strongest and best grappler Conor has ever faced for sure.

Pretty sure sherdog had Conor losing to mendes, aldo, and Eddie via sub

Mendes and to a much, much lesser extent Alvarez are the only wrestlers that he has faced. What makes you think that everyone of his opponents was looking to "breeze through Conor via takedowns at will and gnp"?

Mendes and to a much lesser extent Alvarez are the only wrestlers that he has faced. What makes you think that everyone of his opponents was looking to "breeze through Conor via takedowns at will and gnp".
Sherdog told me

No.

But I look forward to all the Sherdoctors analyzing Khabib's body language during the press conferences and explaining to us all why he's shook regardless.

asdvca.jpg

Conor made Khabib look and act like a scared child by throwing a dolly against a window.

Imagine what Khabib would look like when Conor throws his left against Khabib's jaw?

Conor's left > some random dolly

Khabib won't have a bus to hide in when they fight in the cage.

Khabib is shook and can't take that left hand

Will Conor have the mental edge going into the fight against Khabib?

EEhh since when was this fight even announced?

Mental edge after not fighting and (allegedly) doing a ton of coke for the last 2 years? Uhhhhhhh..... no.

Conor took years off to have a baby, yet Khabib fought all the way in America while his kid was being born. Conor ain't shit.

Conor took years off to have a baby, yet Khabib fought all the way in America while his kid was being born. Conor ain't shit.
So, you’d prioritise fighting, even after making bank, over your own child.
Lucky kid <45>

Conor is nothing special. Did your parents not tell you they loved you enough or something?
And what has that got to do with you thinking it’s badass to neglect the birth and raising of your first child so that you can fight the no.13 guy for a paper belt?

Keep it relevant, pal <Lmaoo>

I actually don't think anyone would have the mental edge. They are both extremely confident men, they just show it in different ways. I doubt McGregor would be able to rattle Khabib with his normal pre-fight talk, and Khabib isn't much of a trash talker, just has that ice cold demeanor.

Uh Conor's last fight was against a smaller opponent in a boxing ring.(Hold on actually it was between him, a dolly, and a bus)

He has zero edge. And its been what 2 years since he has fought an MMA fight?

He loses to any top 5 fighter at 155lbs.

I think if he returns(and I doubt it) he loses in embarassing fashion.

Best thing is for him to retire and disappear. Then get some professional help. The level of narcissism and drug induced behavior he has fallen into since his rise to champion is one of the saddest stories in MMA. Right now he is laughing and counting his money but I have a bad feeling his story could end in tragedy if he doesn't get some help for his mental issues. Money or not, his behavior leads one to believe he cannot handle being out of the spot light. And if faced with that over an extended period of time, he will continue to struggle with it.

Back