Why is Till different from other fighters who've missed weight?

Malik Andre

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I agree with WB's stipulation, but why now are they're odd deals being able to be put in place? Unless I'm missing something, you either accept the fight or you don't. We all know WB daddy is scared af right now, but do you agree with WB getting special terms?

They did something like this rumble vs vitor as well if I remember correctly.

Its not just happening now, Its been done before

They did something similar when Rumble missed against Vitor so it's not unprecedented.

I think Wonderboy is being more than fair. He's already aware that he's giving up a noticeable size advantage to Till and now the guy didn't even go through the hardest part of the cut, which will allow him to be even bigger and fresher in the cage? Yeah no. Till you gotta make the fucking weight kid, miss it again and you're moving up to MW.

Rumble couldn't weigh more than 205 lbs on fight day against Belfort

Missing weight is unprofessional I wouldn’t blame WB if he just walked away.

Some of the guys are gaming the system and are willing to take a paycut to come in heavier.

Make them start the fight with a one point deduction is addition to the fine.

I thought the same with Barboza Lee. Make it to where Lee has to weigh less than 175 he’s fucked.

Bet the house on Wonderboy

This should become mandatory when a fighter miss weight, and make the fine 50% of the purse.

Till throws 100% on every punch. If he misses a few times, he will gas the fuck out and WB will dance on him.

I’m just glad they’re still squaring off tomorrow.

It’s actually amazing that after all the shit that Till was saying, he misses weight.

“I’m a LHW gorilla fighting at WW! It should be illegal what I’m doing!”

I like Till, but Christ, come on.

Yep, I like the terms. Rumble vs Vitor started it. Askren vs Santos did it too.

Santos failed to arrive the next morning within 20 pounds of his weight class though so the fight was off. So I wouldn't say this fight is happening for sure just yet.

Missing weight is unprofessional I wouldn’t blame WB if he just walked away.

Some of the guys are gaming the system and are willing to take a paycut to come in heavier.

Make them start the fight with a one point deduction is addition to the fine.
As good as that feels it doesn't really make sense. What round do you take the point? The first? Or the third where the fighter who actually made weight is going to be more drained than the fighter who stopped cutting early?

I agree with WB's stipulation, but why now are they're odd deals being able to be put in place? Unless I'm missing something, you either accept the fight or you don't. We all know WB daddy is scared af right now, but do you agree with WB getting special terms?

Most every fighter asks for something more if their opponent misses weight. It's nothing new.

Because all other fights (except Askren) didn't stand up for themselves when their opponent didn't make weight. Other fighters just accept the UFC's (or the commission's) terms regarding getting a % of their opponent's purse.

As good as that feels it doesn't really make sense. What round do you take the point? The first? Or the third where the fighter who actually made weight is going to be more drained than the fighter who stopped cutting early?
It doesn’t matter where you cut the point. The end result is the same.

This should become mandatory when a fighter miss weight, and make the fine 50% of the purse.

I agree. The penalty should be much, much higher. Granted it's still thousands of dollars, fighters are going overboard with the weight cuts.

215 to 170... Too fn much

Back