Darren Till actually cheated at the Weigh-In

xFeeLPaiN

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score

not sure if theres a thread about it, couldnt see 1 on the front page but yea look at his left foot

Edit: just tried it myself and weighed 1.2 lbs lighter ...

Last edited:
are people so stupid nowadays?
one foot or both doesn't change anything until he isn't touching the floor.

If Till went full tippy toes he could prob make 155.

Good catch TS.

Still not as egregious as...

2pWZpEG.jpg

If it doesnt make a difference then why would he do it?

Such a dumb argument, it's like saying PEDs don't work. If they don't help why would people take them?

f=ma.

you can use one foot and change the angle so that some of your weight is off the scale. you need to be in motion to do this. some of your weight is transfered into the direction you are moving. this is basic physics. i am watching this on my phone so im not sure till did anything untoward. if he was perfectly still then it's his legit weight.

f=ma.

you can use one foot and change the angle so that some of your weight is off the scale. you need to be in motion to do this. some of your weight is transfered into the direction you are moving. this is basic physics. i am watching this on my phone so im not sure till did anything untoward. if he was perfectly still then it's his legit weight.

LOL
are you saying that the weight is sustained by the AIR?

Yes it will. And don’t talk physics to me. It works because it fucks how the mechanism detects weight, pressure is dispersed differently and affects sensor readings. A mechanical scale could also be affected by how the leverage works.
On a crappy digital bathroom scale it might make a difference.

Yes it will. And don’t talk physics to me. It works because it fucks how the mechanism detects weight, pressure is dispersed differently and affects sensor readings. A mechanical scale could also be affected by how the leverage works.

https://www.google.pl/amp/s/fanside...ow-following-daniel-cormiers-towel-trick/amp/
Dispersing some of the force of your weight by leaning into a separate object is not the same as simply changing the surface area in which you're making contact with the scale.

LOL
are you saying that the weight is sustained by the AIR?
The weight on the scale is the same, of course. Unless you're moving, because in that case some of the movement is directed upward temporarily.

Depending on the actual mechanism of the device, if you stand off center or with uneven feet you might get misreadings. This is easily observed on home scales, but we cannot know if the scale of the commission is sensitive to this trick.

Last edited:
That's not exactly hugging the towel as some others have done ;)

he had a cramp in his left calf!!!

f=ma.

Lol. No.

Back