Are there any products I can walk in and buy at GNC and get flagged by USADA?

King Pun**

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I am not talking "what you have in backroom wink wink" shenanigans I am talking take off a shelf and buy with credit card in front of the police kind of one hundo percent legal/over the counter product that would guarantee a suspension

Of course.

Happens to our buddy Jon Jones all the time.

tenor.gif

Just about every product they sell would get you flagged.

yes

<< Six supplements were bought from sports nutrition stores...and were tested by experts at King's College London.
All six contained illegal substances.
One muscle-building product, supposedly legal and called Metha-Quad Extreme...
Contained two anabolic steroids - Class C drugs which are illegal to sell >>

- BBC

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-32133114

Last edited:
I worked in this field before at a high position. It was crazy how many supplements were full of PEDS, Meds, Pain Killers and much more.

Not the mention all the bs that happens with the protein powders and others.

Step 1: Go to GNC
Step 2: Grab 20 things off the shelf
Step 3: On the side of the ingredients listing, there is a warning (if needed) regarding if any of the ingredients are banned by the NCAA/IOC/etc.
Step 4: Report your findings here.

Supplements are much more regulated now. Even at GNC. But in the early 00s. That shit was the wild wild west. You could get real shit that worked from vitamin stores. (I.e. they were steroids) Today it's much harder. But back in the early 00s you could buy obscure supplements from overseas via the internet or muscle magazine catalog and they were steroids in them. I remember this one supp a friend of mine took was basically pure dianabol. He turned into 19 year old Vitor. But he didn't know until after and he couldn't get it anymore because it was found out to contain Dbol. Then he had to start a PCT regiment. Which he had no idea what to do, he had to see a physician for it because he was taking dbol from this supplement for like 10 months straight. All unbeknownst to him. The gains were incredible and he just thought it was a miracle supp. But as a teenager you are naive. Luckily it was a fairly low dose of Dbol but taking it for 10 months straight with no cycle off, that could have messed him up permanently if he didn't see an MD that put him on PCT drugs.

Nothing that's an actual PED. They used to sell prohormones at supplement stores years ago, which are basically oral steroids. They also used to have a lot of shady supps with pharmaceutical sounding names, some of which had PEDs in them, but thats been gone for years. The supplement chains mainly only carry the well known brands (Optimum, Muscletech, BSN, Gaspari, etc) who stand to be sued and lose a lot if any of their products are contaminated, so its all on the level now.

Back