If you thought Conor was protected by UFC

JustOnce

On Hiatus
@Gold
Reaction score
Then you should check out what Bellator is doing with MVP.

Much, Very Protected

This guy is definitely fighting the absolute best that Bellator can offer, at 6' 3 or something fighting at welterweight against blown up lightweights, taunting against some world class opposition.

I have never for last 15 years or so seen someone so protected yet act like a clown and taunt against overmatched opponents. Kinda disgusting really.

I would love to see Manhoef vs this guy. Or Mousasi. Or Paul harris.

Much, Very Protected

This guy is definitely fighting the absolute best that Bellator can offer, at 6' 3 or something fighting at welterweight against blown up lightweights, taunting against some world class opposition.

I have never for last 15 years or so seen someone so protected yet act like a clown and taunt against overmatched opponents. Kinda disgusting really.

He'd probably wreck Manhoef at this point.

Mousasi or Paul Harris would be fun though.

I don't even think the UFC is protecting McG at this point.

I think he is protecting himself.

That's true. One of Bellator's original and exclusive assets. Hasn't it been a while since his last fight before last night's ass-whooping?

*Turns to magic of Wiki*

Much, Very Protected

I agree, I've been waiting years now to see him take a step up in competition. I think he will end up like a Been Askren when all is said and done. Tons of talent but lots of questions left unanswered.

At least get him the Daley fight already ffs

I agree, I've been waiting years now to see him take a step up in competition. I think he will end up like a Been Askren when all is said and done. Tons of talent but lots of questions left unanswered.

At least get him the Daley fight already ffs

um Compared to this guy Ben Askren's resume is Dan henderson's.

Meh, there is a small but incremental improvement in his opponents and he is building up a highlight reel that they'll be using to promote their product for years.

Most people watching don't really care if his wrestling has been tested etc, they want to see him pull some shit they have never seen in a fight before. They will tune in to see it every time.

um Compared to this guy Ben Askren's resume is Dan henderson's.

True in a way but we will never know just how far Askren could have really gone and there will always be unanswered questions. Could he have beaten GSP and been just as dominant in the UFC? Who knows. I feel MVP's career if it keeps going in the direction it has been may end up being looked at in the same way, minus the champion part though since he needs to actually fight some to 10 guys first.

True in a way but we will never know just how far Askren could have really gone and there will always be unanswered questions. Could he have beaten GSP and been just as dominant in the UFC? Who knows. I feel MVP's career if it keeps going in the direction it has been may end up being looked at in the same way, minus the champion part though since he needs to actually fight some to 10 guys first.

well wrestling plays, and askren fought a lot better guys that can't e ven be compared to MVP's.

I don't think it's far fetched at all though speculating that Askren would handle Woodley, that's just my opinion. I don't care for the guy, but given how Woodley and Shields went, and Rory, Askren would handle Woodley. I think.

On the other hand, flash striker like that, it really depends on how their takedowns hold up and even really their striking at higher level, and he hasn't really been consistent anyways, but with a guy like that, he will always have htat one shot, but i get the vibe he can be controlled and suffocated.

I remember Raymond DAniels' debut and how that went, I think they should have done the same thing that Bellator did wit hthis guy

Raymond fought a 8-4 guy who was 6'1 at welterweight with like 4 submission wins for this debut

MVP fought a guy with a combined record of 0-5 in his first two fights.

Apparently fighting Holloway Aldo Poirier Alvarez Diaz Mendes is being protected.

tbf, that was MVP's 13th fight and Conor had more fights than that before he got to the UFC.

They've built up a prospect smartly, but now it's time to give him somebody like Larkin, Daley or Fitch. I think the problem Bellator have is they don't really have much in the way of a middle-tier between the top guys and the err, not so top guys.

Meh, there is a small but incremental improvement in his opponents and he is building up a highlight reel that they'll be using to promote their product for years.

Most people watching don't really care if his wrestling has been tested etc, they want to see him pull some shit they have never seen in a fight before. They will tune in to see it every time.

when fighting a blown up lightweight at welterweight while being 6'3 a small incremental improvement, well that says it all

Apparently fighting Holloway Aldo Poirier Alvarez Diaz Mendes is being protected.
All house hold names. But some people just want to hate. At least hate him for the right reasons: not defending, throwing dollies, his seeming retirement...

well wrestling plays, and askren fought a lot better guys that can't e ven be compared to MVP's.

I don't think it's far fetched at all though speculating that Askren would handle Woodley, that's just my opinion. I don't care for the guy, but given how Woodley and Shields went, and Rory, Askren would handle Woodley. I think.

On the other hand, flash striker like that, it really depends on how their takedowns hold up and even really their striking at higher level, and he hasn't really been consistent anyways, but with a guy like that, he will always have htat one shot, but i get the vibe he can be controlled and suffocated.

I remember Raymond DAniels' debut and how that went, I think they should have done the same thing that Bellator did wit hthis guy

Raymond fought a 8-4 guy who was 6'1 at welterweight with like 4 submission wins for this debut

MVP fought a guy with a combined record of 0-5 in his first two fights.

True, He's been around for far too long to have never really fought anybody to. Something really needs to happen with his career in a hurry.

Kind of off topic but I wonder what ever happened to his protege. I saw him fight a couple amature fights and he was just as flashy as MVP on the feet but was also a fairly accomplished grappler but he seems to have just disappeared.

Can't remember the kids name for the life of me, you have any idea who I'm talking about by chance?

when fighting a blown up lightweight at welterweight while being 6'3 a small incremental improvement, well that says it all

I am not really denying it. He has a lengthy career fighting some really good fighters, winning a Bellator tourney... and was made to look foolish. Most people tuning in won't be pouring over the quality of his record. They will just know he has a decent record and is clearly nowhere near MVPs level.

He might not be a championship level fighter but you can't argue he isn't good.

Fingers crossed he gets a better fighter soon but just enjoy performances until then!

True, He's been around for far too long to have never really fought anybody to. Something really needs to happen with his career in a hurry.

Kind of off topic but I wonder what ever happened to his protege. I saw him fight a couple amature fights and he was just as flashy as MVP on the feet but was also a fairly accomplished grappler but he seems to have just disappeared.

Can't remember the kids name for the life of me, you have any idea who I'm talking about by chance?

No idea sorry

MVP might be a 6'3" welterweight, but he's really skinny and not muscular. He ain't a MW. I doubt he cuts weight.

Bellator doesn't exactly have a deep roster and Paul Daley hasn't been wanting to actually fight MVP regardless of the inside arena chasing around drama.

Lol shills just can’t handle that they love MVP but due to some weird self imposed duty to hype UFC and belittle alternative product..they make threads shitting on him based on what they don’t know. To the shill, their ignorance says more about the topic than it does about the shill.

Shills are all David Rickels tonight
86D5Lg.gif

Back