Wonderboy would have starched Cerrone just as easily

• Thread starter Deleted member 546119
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 546119

SentimentalShorttermHydatidtapeworm.gif

giphy.gif

Wonderboy is going to be doing this annoying shit all night to Till and get the win

Wonderboy gonna ko him so hard his eyes will go back to normal

Just as easily but not as quickly. Till is a bull in a china shop, super aggressive. Thompson is a master and very patient - probably would have taken him longer to end it.

I can play that game too:

Till wouldn't have danced around for 25 minutes as though the octagon were a bouncy castle with Woodley.

If Till wins, it'll be because he's got more grit than Stephen.

Till wouldn't have danced around for 25 minutes as though the octagon were a bouncy castle with Woodley.

Dude you saw round 4 of the first Woodley-Thompson fight at UFC 205 in MSG, right? You’re telling me that guy doesn’t have grit? He practically held his breath for 2 minutes straight in the championship rounds to stay alive! If Till is grittier than that, he absolutely deserves the W!

MMA math is amazing

Royce Gracie > Kazushi Sakuraba
Kazushi Sakuraba > Quinton Jackson
Quinton Jackson > Matt Hamill
Matt Hamill > Jon Jones

Woodley would ko till in the first round

Every fight is independent. What happened between Till vs Cerrone, tells us very little about what could happen between Thompson vs Cerrone.

It is obvious that Cerrone has problems with efficient unfriendly bullies with decent fight IQ. They don't give him time to get over the anxiety and be present in the fight.

Wonderboy is a counter striker, he will give Cerrone plenty of time to accept the fight, and it could lead to a completely different outcome than Till vs Cerrone.

Dude you saw round 4 of the first Woodley-Thompson fight at UFC 205 in MSG, right? You’re telling me that guy doesn’t have grit? He practically held his breath for 2 minutes straight in the championship rounds to stay alive!
Grit in this game is incomplete if it's only there during survival. When Woodley shut his game down, Stephen never tried being the predator again. Doesn't trust himself.

Woodley would ko till in the first round
I don't know, but all I have to go on is that if the fight lasted one round and if Till lost, that one round with Till would still have been more competitive and dangerous a fight than 25 minutes of dancing around like buffoons.

Grit in this game is incomplete if it's only there during survival. When Woodley shut his game down, Stephen never tried being the predator again. Doesn't trust himself.
Just because I mentioned a time he was hurt and survived when almost no one else would doesn’t mean that’s the only time he was gritty. I feel like you are confusing being patient with not trusting yourself. There is no shame in losing to the champion. Thompson is a master at point sparring and has won many a decision against high level opponents... I think that’s extremely gritty.

Just because I mentioned a time he was hurt and survived when almost no one else would doesn’t mean that’s the only time he was gritty. I feel like you are confusing being patient with not trusting yourself. There is no shame in losing to the champion. Thompson is a master at point sparring and has won many a decision against high level opponents... I think that’s extremely gritty.
One of the few ways in which I detect grit is overcoming serious struggle. If you have issue with my example, I'll go with yours: he's a master at point sparring. Whenever that gets shut down, he hasn't shown the tools to become a predator in a fight.

Anyway, I'll be back to say I was wrong if he proves me wrong. History tells me he won't.

I don't know, but all I have to go on is that if the fight lasted one round and if Till lost, that one round with Till would still have been more competitive and dangerous a fight than 25 minutes of dancing around like buffoons.

Huh

One of the few ways in which I detect grit is overcoming serious struggle. If you have issue with my example, I'll go with yours: he's a master at point sparring. Whenever that gets shut down, he hasn't shown the tools to become a predator in a fight.

Anyway, I'll be back to say I was wrong if he proves me wrong. History tells me he won't.
And I’ll be back to say I was wrong if Till pulls it out. If Till wins and I forget to give you props please tag me and I will absolutely do so.
But if grit is over coming serious struggle then Wonderboy surviving Woodleys choke seems super gritty to me... but it seems like we just disagree with the definition of grit lol. Can’t wait for the fight!

Haven't seen proof Till can even dance 25 minutes, let alone during a fight. Yet to see him after 3 rounds and think, "Yeah, he's ready for 2 more".

On the flip side; I have seen WB win Championship rounds against current UFC Champ, and current Bellator Champ.

Just as easily but not as quickly. Till is a bull in a china shop, super aggressive. Thompson is a master and very patient - probably would have taken him longer to end it.
Late round KO/TKO or UD

Get some fresh air. WB finished rd4 with the momentum after the kd/choke.....and won rd.5

And I’ll be back to say I was wrong if Till pulls it out. If Till wins and I forget to give you props please tag me and I will absolutely do so.
But if grit is over coming serious struggle then Wonderboy surviving Woodleys choke seems super gritty to me... but it seems like we just disagree with the definition of grit lol. Can’t wait for the fight!
Well there you go.

Danced around for 25 minutes like it's a bouncy castle and did nothing, just like I said he would.

Gets gun-shy easily. Was never the predator in the fight, just like I said.

Well there you go.

Danced around for 25 minutes like it's a bouncy castle and did nothing, just like I said he would.

Gets gun-shy easily. Was never the predator in the fight, just like I said.
Eh neither guy was really the predator,too much respect between them IMO. but I was wrong and you were right. All credit to ya!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back