Gegard Mousasi is the lineal UFC Middleweight champion

TheBrownRanger

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
For those who don't know what a lineal title is, it's basically a "man who beat the man" type of thing.

Some rules for lineage.

1. Belt can't go outside of weight class. It says Middleweight for a reason, goofs.
2. the Filho-Sonnen fight does not count as it was at catchweight due to Filho being overweight. With that reason, it's not part of the lineage.

Menne > Bustamante > Hendo > Misaki > Filho (unified with WEC Middleweight title) > Paraisy > Falcao > Shlemenko (unified with Bellator Middleweight title) > Halsey > Carvalho > Mousasi.

Mousasi is also lineal WEC Middleweight champion. Thoughts?

Lineal belts are gay.

That is all.

Dafaq is going on here

b93.gif

Cotdamn UFC fucked up hard for us hardcore fans by giving away Rory and Moose. Moose was one of the most active fighters in the MW division and he would do well stylistically against Robert and Yoel. It would have been interesting to see him against Luke. Oh yeah, and he would destroy Kelvin.

Moose never impressed me. Not even a little. He’s where he belongs.

What does impress you then?
No disrespect intended. Moose is a fighter. But I never thought he had the skill set he was hyped to have. The next Anderson Silva? Please. He was a lot like Vera. Great pedigree but not much substance.

No disrespect intended. Moose is a fighter. But I never thought he had the skill set he was hyped to have. The next Anderson Silva? Please. He was a lot like Vera. Great pedigree but not much substance.

"The next Anderson Silva? Please"

wtf2.gif

He's 44-6. He's beaten the who's who in MMA. Shut up.

He was a lot like Vera. Great pedigree but not much substance.

LMAO! How dare you compare Vera to Mousasi?!?!
You are not impressed with his performances. Fine.

But even if you're just talking about their records, the two are light years apart.
Moose has beaten Weidman, Shlemenko, Phillipou, Hendo, OSP (at LHW), and Mark Hunt (Open weight) to name a few. Also won against against Jacare (haters will say it was fluke) and Hendo (haters will say Hendo was washed up).
Who has Vera beat?

Also, at some point, you have to acknowledge a fighter's record as a viable proxy for his skill level, especially if he's got freaking 44 wins / 52 fights under his belt and many of them against high-level competition.

His style may look rather simple and boring at times and Moose definitely has a glaring hole in takedown defense, but is pretty solid in other areas.

Back