Did Wonderboy take Hendricks' soul?

Portland8242

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Hendricks in his hayday came oh-so-close to beating GSP (many thought he won that fight) and had those incredible wars with Lawler (who was also in his hayday).

But he just never looked the same after that loss to Wonderboy.

He poured his heart and soul into that steakhouse. Wonderboy took what was left.

I just know he looked drastically terrible during and after the fight with Wonderboy. I can't recall the betting line for that fight, but I don't think most assumed the fight would end that way...

Nope. He was never the same after the lawler robbery. Look at all of his fights after that disgrace, completely different man. If anything, the judges took his soul.

Nope. He was never the same after the lawler robbery. Look at all of his fights after that disgrace, completely different man. If anything, the judges took his soul.
Agreed I thought he won both fights. Lawler swayed the judges with a final second flurry and staredown.

No.

GSP took his soul. Just like he took the souls of Condit, Kosheck, Thiago Alves etc..

All these guys were never the same after GSP took their souls.

he did fucked brown pretty hard (last fight before usada and last fight before wonderboy)

he did fucked brown pretty hard (last fight before usada and last fight before wonderboy)
Exactly that was one of his best performances, pure dominance if I remember correctly. His first scheduled fight after USADA was Woodley and he ended up in the hospital attempting to make weight. Then he looked way smaller when he fought Wonderboy and just got completely outclassed.

It's probably not a coincidence he started losing after USADA started.

Whether it was Wonderboy or USADA, Hendricks has been a completely different fighter since that fight. Yea, he might have lost to GSP and Lawler the second time but he was in both fights. Thompson embarrassed him.

Whether it was Wonderboy or USADA, Hendricks has been a completely different fighter since that fight. Yea, he might have lost to GSP and Lawler the second time but he was in both fights. Thompson embarrassed him.

When I first watched the fight I couldn't believe the beating Wonderboy put on him. The spinning back kick that he hit Bigg Rigg in the chest with made him walk sideways.

Hendricks "looked" fine going in to fight WB, but was a hollow shell. Much like Rampage of old, USADA has a black belt in Whoop Dat Ass.

I can see a case of a man that left it all in the cage many times and some judges didn’t appreciate what he was doing and over time he just lost that drive that made him who he was.

USADA took Hendricks' soul and Wonderboy sent him straight back to Burger King so now he had to go middleweight

Back