Combate Americas pulls offer, won’t sign ex-UFC fighter Yair Rodriguez

Verace

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Last edited:
Hmmm. So he is being blackballed or something? This whole deal has been Kinda bizzare

No one wants Yair. Wouldn’t know that feeling, I have to beat the chicks off with a stick.

Dana White called the Fertitas for a favor, and they proposed to Combate an offer Combate couldn't refuse. LOL

That or he asking for to much cash
How much? I mean....if I am the UFC i am looking at this dude and thinkig that he has to check off most of their boxes for a star right?

Not saying he deserves millions....

But i guess i would need to know exactly what he is asking for

Hmmmm, can't wait till this story breaks. Something going on

anyone know what Combate fighters make? in my ignorance, my best guess would be he wanted too much money.

a 40 second google search gave me nothing.

anyone know what Combate fighters make? in my ignorance, my best guess would be he wanted too much money.

Maybe, but all we know now is the offer was withdrawn, we don't know that Yair turned it down.

Maybe, but all we know now is the offer was withdrawn, we don't know that Yair turned it down.
ya but that's handy. like when Bisping or any other fighter says "i've never refused to sign a contract", simply because their manager said hell no well before the contract was ever written up. because we all know these negotiations begin well before contracts are offered.

if they tend to pay their guys $2k -$30k and he wants $150k, it wouldn't take long for them to formally end discussions.

or maybe something else. like i said, i'm ignorant. but a simple pay negotiation seems more likely than "he's blackballed".

ya but that's handy. like when Bisping or any other fighter says "i've never refused to sign a contract", simply because their manager said hell no well before the contract was ever written up. because we all know these negotiations begin well before contracts are offered.

if they pay their guys $2k -$30k and he wants $250k, it wouldn't take long for them to formally end discussions.

or maybe something else. like i said, i'm ignorant. but a simple pay negotiation seems more likely than "he's blackballed".

I don't think Combate needs to make this public to save face.

Publicly withdrawing seems strange to me. I don't buy the "blackballed" thing either. It doesn't make any sense, but maybe he's just a shit head who is hard to work with.

This is an interesting story so far.

71Z3InBOCOL._UX679_.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if the UFC was involved. Yair is young and can still improve. Even GSP mentioned him on the JRE Podcast. The UFC would not just let him go because of some timing miscommunications.

I would not be surprised if the UFC lawyers sent a warning shot at Combate.

I don't think Combate needs to make this public to save face.

Publicly withdrawing seems strange to me. I don't buy the "blackballed" thing either. It doesn't make any sense, but maybe he's just a shit head who is hard to work with.

This is an interesting story so far.
definitely. we'll know more soon. cheers.

he is the Colin Kaepernick of MMA
Colin Kaepernick is protesting police brutality, which a problem in America (in fact, the entire world). However, America is the only Western country were cops are viewed as superheroes who are beyond reproach and correction.

I wouldn't be surprised if the UFC was involved. Yair is young and can still improve. Even GSP mentioned him on the JRE Podcast. The UFC would not just let him go because of some timing miscommunications.

I would not be surprised if the UFC lawyers sent a warning shot at Combate.
yes, that would certainly fit with the rest of your posts.

Back