Fighters considered big for their division who moved down.

codfather

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Gray Maynard was supposed to be a huge lightweight and moved down to featherweight.
Yushin Okami was considered one of the biggest middleweights and he went down to welterweight.
I want to say Michael Johnson was thought to be one of the bigger lightweights and he moved to featherweight.
I always thought Edson Barboza had a big frame for a lighweight, but he cut to featherweight.
This probably applies to Kenny Florian also.

Who else?

Last edited:
Gray Maynard was supposed to be a huge lightweight and moved down to featherweight.
Yushin Okami was considered one of the biggest middleweights and he went down to welterweight.
I want to say Michael Johnson was thought to be one of the bigger lightweights and he moved to featherweight.

Who else?
Njokuani.... wtf

rumble johnson?

Cesar Ferreira is a fucking huge MW who cut down to 170 and got knocked out by an undersized WW in Masvidal then moved right back up to 185

Poirier maybe? Moved down to FW but I've never seen him look like the smaller man in any of his fights since his return to LW

bj-penn-fat.jpg

Who else?

bisping was to big for mw, dc people said he couldn't make lhw. kenflo at fw, cris was to big for bw,

just a couple off the top of my head.

Who else?

Thiago Alves according to Rogan was the biggest welterweight to fight GSP when they scrapped....

Somehow Alves made 155

Who else?
No idea buddy, but um who's in your AV? :)

Who else?
Yushin okami. Dude looked big for 185 already but somehow can make 170 lol

Aldo is fighting at bantamweight this Saturday, his weight cuts were notorious.

Diego Sanchez went from 170, to 155, to 145.

McGregor had moved up and was LW champion in Cage Warriors then moved down to FW when he joined the UFC.

Back