I'm happy about the pay walls.

Trifick

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
It's going to make it harder for fake fans to watch the fights. Ufc fights will only be on free tv 10 times a year now. That's great. And if rumors of PPV going to Fight pass is true, that's great too , because it's harder to free stream from apps. Especially apps owned by UFC. It's a very tedius process. The days of cheap asses waiting for the fights to end up on Youtube are finally over. Hopefully most of you will go away.

I'll just keep watching BT Sport streams because none of these new deals affect it

Anybody can still stream any UFC event quite easily.....Fight Pass, PPV, ESPN....won't matter.

I got fight pass and still pay for 50% of PPVs, still feel like I over pay, I hate fake fanbois, and still think TS comes off like a jackass.

i dont like the i train UFC fan bois either but tbh the puritism of TS is kinda like the same catagory of dislike

It's going to make it harder for fake fans to watch the fights. Ufc fights will only be on free tv 10 times a year now. That's great. And if rumors of PPV going to Fight pass is true, that's great too , because it's harder to free stream from apps. Especially apps owned by UFC. It's a very tedius process. The days of cheap asses waiting for the fights to end up on Youtube are finally over. Hopefully most of you will go away.

People stream because their PPVs are usually not worth half of what they charge.

Not to mention streams and torrents will still exist, always.

The pay walls won’t prevent me from watching the events that I want ;)

Pay walls increase as stream qualities increase and PPV quality decreases. They're pretty much forcing our hand at this point.

And I have Fight Pass.

PPV aren't owned by UFC so they don't have control over it's streams. They will come Janurary. Many streaming sites have been taken down by Dana. And more to come.

It's going to make it harder for fake fans to watch the fights.

hold_my_beer.jpg

because it's harder to free stream from apps. Especially apps owned by UFC. It's a very tedius process. The days of cheap asses waiting for the fights to end up on Youtube are finally over. Hopefully most of you will go away.

bork1}

Hopefully most of you will go away.

<36>

Nothing today will survive without pirating. If people are not trying to find a way to pirate your content, then they don't care enough for it, and your business is not going to maximize profits.

Without a large fan base, the sport will be slow to improve. Which young child with A-Level athletic potential will try MMA just to get paid 10K to show and 10K to win, and only have a niche following.

Piracy is a very effective marketing tool today.

So I have to pay for Fight Pass, plus ESPN+, plus my cable package that includes ESPN, plus $60 for each PPV I'm interested in, just to be considered a "true fan"?

maxresdefault.jpg

Pay walls increase as stream qualities increase and PPV quality decreases. They're pretty much forcing our hand at this point.

And I have Fight Pass.

do you have Fight Pass for the exclusive Fight Night cards? because I had it, and I barely watched the archive fights - seeing as I seen all the ones I want to at this point... and the Fight Pass exclusive cards suck or I can just stream

So I have to pay for Fight Pass, plus ESPN+, plus my cable package that includes ESPN, plus $60 for each PPV I'm interested in, just to be considered a "true fan"?

maxresdefault.jpg

No. Cut your cable cord. It's 2018. Not 1998. Only pay for the channels you want. It's cheap. Then 5 a month for espn +. And if rumors are true, 24 dollars a month for ppvs.

Go fuck yourself, Dana.

Just to clarify... if someone pirates an artists music, does that make them a fake fan? Can they become a real fan by getting their music from ITunes? Is that how becoming a fan works?

Back