Frankie Edgar- Move down to BW
Mighty Mouse- Move up to BW
Gunnar Nelson- Move down to LW
Jon Jones- Move up to HW
Luke Rockhold- Move up to LHW
Shogun Rua- Move down to MW
GSP- Move down to WW / LW
Max Holloway- Move up to LW

Perry would make LW really interesting, there's lots of LW's that like to stand and bang.

He would be a bigger LW instead of a smaller WW and I don't think he'd lose a lot of power in striking by dropping.

Frankie Edgar- Move down to BW
Mighty Mouse- Move up to BW
Gunnar Nelson- Move down to LW
Jon Jones- Move up to HW
Luke Rockhold- Move up to LHW
Shogun Rua- Move down to MW
GSP- Move down to WW / LW
Max Holloway- Move up to LW
OK. Except for MM. He's one of the smallest guys in the UFC. Why would he want to move up just to fight bigger guys? He cuts a whopping 10 lbs to make Flyweight. He would not be cutting at all to make BW and fighting guys who cut 15 - 20 lbs to make that weight. If he moved up just for one fight to challange for the title and then vacate, that would be fine. A permanent move would make no sense for him. He already fought at BW and was undersized for the division.

Aldo needs to move to 155, got murked by the champ twice and will never get another shot.

OK. Except for MM. He's one of the smallest guys in the UFC. Why would he want to move up just to fight bigger guys? He cuts a whopping 10 lbs to make Flyweight. He would not be cutting at all to make BW and fighting guys who cut 15 - 20 lbs to make that weight. If he moved up just for one fight to challange for the title and then vacate, that would be fine. A permanent move would make no sense for him. He already fought at BW and was undersized for the division.
this... in a sense.
I agree with you if we are talking strictly about size. But he cleaned FLW, and I would really like to see him try to stay at BW and fight the top guys there. Kind of how Frankie did at LW... which actually worked better for him than FW...

Agree with OP picks,

The most urgent is Gunnar should have went down years ago.....

Max Holloway shouldn’t move up since he’s the champ

I'd like to see Gaethje move down to FW. From what I understand he doesn't cut any weight to make LW, he could easily make 145. The guys down there don't hit as hard, he'd get less brain damage and have a better chance of overwhelming the smaller guys with his pressure style than he does against the elite LW's.

Agree with all except for Luke to LHW. I think he's best suited for MW, and his lack of defense will show more against bigger skilled guys who are also tougher to sub. For him to win the belt again it's not about who he fights, but if he can fix that glaring weakness. Already won the belt, so he's got most things covered.

Back