Alistair Overeem on his loss to Francis

BC

Helax
@Gold
Reaction score

On his loss to Francis:

“I don’t really have a feeling about it, I’ve lost before. I’ve lost in shitty ways before. There has been all kinds of losses I can remember, I’ve been fighting for twenty years. I believe I have 87 or 88 or 86 fights or something so you are going to have everything in it.

Yeah I don’t really have a special emotion with the loss, it was just a loss, it looked ugly, you gotta restart, reset, and now we’re back.”

In regards to if he has ever been hit as hard as he was in the Francis fight:

“Umm...maybe not (Alistair chuckles) maybe not. Maybe not, this was the beginning of the fight, fresh energy, full power, running into the punch basically.”

On if he is able to watch the Francis fight or if he tries to ignore it:

“I have zero problems watching that fight.

It’s a part of the sport right? It’s a part of my job. It happened. Let’s not forget you are going to have your highs, you are going to have your lows, in the end you are going to embrace both of them....

It’s fighting, its violence, you know I’ve never really had a serious injury knock on wood and I hope that never happens...but this stuff happens in the sport you get knocked out, yeah, so what?”

Man Overeem’s ability to just keep rising back up after these brutal losses and maintain his consistent top 10 ranking for well over a decade is so damn impressive.

20 years deep in the game, he has fought all these beasts:

Stipe
Mirko Cro Cop
JDS
Hunt
Werdum
Brock
Sergei
Shogun
Chuck
Mir
Vitor
Igor
Andrei
TRT Bigfoot Silva

The list goes on and on and that’s just mma, not to mention Badr Hari, Tyrone Spong, Saki, Aerts, etc.

It was just dope to hear him talk about how he deals with adversity like that Francis KO, and it was really refreshing as well especially when a lot of fighters these days tend to have an inability to accept an L and ramble off grocery store lists of excuses. (Stipe tapped I seent it)

Overeem’s mentality is definitely what helps him to keep going over and over again.

Win, lose, or draw, Overeem will forever be a legend in my eyes.

overeem-alistair-wallpapers-wallpaper.jpg

On his loss to Francis:

“I don’t really have a feeling about it, I’ve lost before. I’ve lost in shitty ways before. There has been all kinds of losses I can remember, I’ve been fighting for twenty years. I believe I have 87 or 88 or 86 fights or something so you are going to have everything in it.

Yeah I don’t really have a special emotion with the loss, it was just a loss, it looked ugly, you gotta restart, reset, and now we’re back.”

In regards to if he has ever been hit as hard as he was in the Francis fight:

“Umm...maybe not (Alistair chuckles) maybe not. Maybe not, this was the beginning of the fight, fresh energy, full power, running into the punch basically.”

On if he is able to watch the Francis fight or if he tries to ignore it:

“I have zero problems watching that fight.

It’s a part of the sport right? It’s a part of my job. It happened. Let’s not forget you are going to have your highs, you are going to have your lows, in the end you are going to embrace both of them....

It’s fighting, its violence, you know I’ve never really had a serious injury knock on wood and I hope that never happens...but this stuff happens in the sport you get knocked out, yeah, so what?”

Man Overeem’s ability to just keep rising back up after these brutal losses and maintain his consistent top 10 ranking for well over a decade is so damn impressive.

20 years deep in the game, he has fought all these beasts:

Stipe
Mirko Cro Cop
JDS
Hunt
Werdum
Brock
Sergei
Shogun
Chuck
Vitor
Igor
Andrei
TRT Bigfoot Silva

The list goes on and on and that’s just mma, not to mention Badr Hari, Tyrone Spong, Saki, Aerts, etc.

It was just dope to hear him talk about how he deals with adversity like that Francis KO, and it was really refreshing as well especially when a lot of fighters these days tend to have an inability to accept an L and ramble off grocery store lists of excuses. (Stipe tapped I seent it)

Overeem’s mentality is definitely what helps him to keep going over and over again.

Win, lose, or draw, Overeem will forever be a legend in my eyes.

overeem-alistair-wallpapers-wallpaper.jpg

I got my ass beat
Insert Ko gif back da front here.

source.gif

Last edited:
An absolute legend.

Had no problem taking a fight with the most dangerous HW prospect out there, in a time when primadonna fighters are whining and ducking their way to title shots.

20 years in the fight game. Hespect.

oie_NtaZzSBEeR9R-696x392.jpg

Last edited:
Why did you put TRT in front of Big Foot ? Like Overeem is completely clean LOL

Holy shit I type TRT Bigfoot more than just Bigfoot I did that subconsciously lmao

Overeem is a legend, hope he gets at least 1 crack at the title before retiring, will be a damn shame if such a legendary fighter never turns out to be UFC champion, it was enough with Hendo..
Big difference between the one Overeem fought and the one that lost to Struve, Roy etc

His ability to be turned off and on again so quickly makes my wife look amateur.

That was post PED Reem (allegedly anyway)... while Bigfoot was still all over the TRT sauce...

That is a shit tackle mate

XD

Bobby Knuckles is the truth, that boy’s been grinding on his wrestling, you see that work paying off with that tdd in the Jacare and Yoel fight, hype for the rematch fam.

Bobby Knuckles is the truth, that boy’s been grinding on his wrestling, you see that work paying off with that tdd in the Jacare and Yoel fight, hype for the rematch fam.
Faq yea, I am not tryingt to hijak this thread but after seeing my team win tonight it feels like nothing is impossible.

Reem has a bad ass way of looking at life, in general.

I honestly don't put a lot of stock in fights that are 1 hitter quitters.

It looks bad ass for the person that won and that's about it.

Wouldn't mind a rematch down the road.

Faq yea, I am not tryingt to hijak this thread but after seeing my team win tonight it feels like nothing is impossible.

Fook that, this is my thread hijack this shit all you want, go celebrate your teams win fam, impossible is nothing

Overeem is far and away the best HW to never win a major title (Pride or UFC) in MMA

Dude has had a long and legendary career and has a HendoEsque strength of schedule its ridiculous to actually look at

Back