Regardless of his recent performance, Adesanya is going to take the UFC by storm

ClueChap

don't let the belt fool ya boi
@Orange
Reaction score
he has absolutely solid stand up and he has the body type to be an effective wrestler. Still young. Do not sleep on him ever because he will dominate this weight class for years to come, js

He is exciting but we'll need to see how he does against a strong wrestler.

I thought he looked really good in his last fight, had no idea where all the criticism was coming from

He is exciting but we will need to see how he does against a strong wrestler.
Agreed, I don’t think he will do well. Still much to learn. His wrestling is most likely mediocre at this point, but he has finesse and is so talented. So young. Brain like a sponge. His game will have no gaps in it in a two years time

I thought he looked really good in his last fight, had no idea where all the criticism was coming from
I completely agree, but of a Conor mcgregor effect where he gave it all & got fatigued. But pulled through surprisingly well, I have unbelievable amounts of faith I him. Yes I am an Adesanya stan

I really hope he can walk the walk , because he's entertaining outside of the ring. he could be the next big thing if he fights well.

I really hope he can walk the walk , because he's entertaining outside of the ring. he could be the next big thing if he fights well.
So true, nothing more pleasing than an entertainer both in & out of the cage, however I feel his next couple of fights may be underwhelming for many due to him learning & feeling out the professional game, I just see the potential in him, two years & he’s the absolute boss.

off Topic but are you homosexual? (serious question)

on Topic: To much Hype, lets see him how he does now in the UFC
Off topic: I am actually

On topic: like I said it’s potential I see in him, he is nowhere near a complete fighter yet, but potential is the key word here my friend

Championship potential IMO, but he has a long way to go. Obviously his stand up is the best in the division, but he needs to develop a ground game (or more importantly a TDD and just avoid the whole wrestling/bjj thing)

Championship potential IMO, but he has a long way to go. Obviously his stand up is the best in the division, but he needs to develop a ground game (or more importantly a TDD and just avoid the whole wrestling/bjj thing)
Agree with everything you said apart from the last part. He’s so young why would it be a good decision to avoid wrestling wntirely??

Agree with everything you said apart from the last part. He’s so young why would it be a good decision to avoid wrestling wntirely??
I meant that if he perfected his TDD then he could play to his strengths and keep things standing. He obviously needs to work on his ground game, but no matter how hard he works he will always be best in a kickboxing situation. I didn’t mean he should avoid training his wrestling or BJJ just that he should try to avoid ground situations in a fight. Sorry, I was unclear

I meant that if he perfected his TDD then he could play to his strengths and keep things standing. He obviously needs to work on his ground game, but no matter how hard he works he will always be best in a kickboxing situation. I didn’t mean he should avoid training his wrestling or BJJ just that he should try to avoid ground situations in a fight. Sorry, I was unclear
His TDD is already quite solid from what I’ve seen, he has such good sense of gravity and moves in such a nimble, evasive manor, lets just be excited for his rise, may take some time tho

he has absolutely solid stand up and he has the body type to be an effective wrestler. Still young. Do not sleep on him ever because he will dominate this weight class for years to come, js

Weak ground defense always gets exposed unless you cherry pick fights like mcgregor

Off topic: I am actually

On topic: like I said it’s potential I see in him, he is nowhere near a complete fighter yet, but potential is the key word here my friend
Yes i can see the potential too. If he had very good Wrestling and ground game, he could be a Jones in MW.
But he lacks those too, lets see if he's going to evolve or stay the same.

Weak ground defense always gets exposed unless you cherry pick fights like mcgregor
He seems more reckless than mcgregor tho, I don’t believe he will cherry pick his fights, however I’m sure Dana will cause he doesn’t want his prospect getting shut down early

His TDD is already quite solid from what I’ve seen, he has such good sense of gravity and moves in such a nimble, evasive manor, lets just be excited for his rise, may take some time tho
Agreed. His athleticism is off the charts, but with his current skill level a top 185er would be able to take him down easily IMO. I don’t see any reason why he can’t develop a great take down defense, but he is not there yet. I am very excited for his rise!

Back