CTE, PEDs or What Causes This Weird Behavior?

Richie Incognito is known to be mentally unstable. Getting hit in the head may or may not have played a part in this, but mental health is the biggest issue.
Also, wrong forum.

Richie Incognito is known to be mentally unstable. Getting hit in the head may or may not have played a part in this, but mental health is the biggest issue.
Also, wrong forum.

True, but it brings to mind Mayhem and others who have gone off the rails.

A lot of testosterone to begin with if you'RE IN MMA or NFL. CTE from being hit in the head seems to at the very least lessen impulse control. Impulse control is very important to have when dealing with people who decided fighting for money was a great path in life.

Throw in some PEDs having the ability to make you even more aggressive and its a dangerous mix.

What caused TS to make this thread? Strange? Or more?
tenor.gif

Posted in 'UFC discussion' lol.

Seems like CTE + whatever recreational shit he likes to do.

I usually follow the guidelines for proper forum discussions, but have seen so many threads about non-UFC fighters and issues here, I figured I'd break the rule for once myself.

True, but it brings to mind Mayhem and others who have gone off the rails.

Again, true. The mental instability of some of these fighters may be the reason they got into the sport in the first place. Knew a guy way back who started to train as a therapy to help work off rage and anger issues. Those were just part of his mental problems. There is some sort of circle there, catch 22 perhaps. Recommended training to help and in the long run shots to the head can further cause damage to a fragile brain for a person with mental health issues.

Just a thought

I usually follow the guidelines for proper forum discussions, but have seen so many threads about non-UFC fighters and issues here, I figured I'd break the rule for once myself.
Fuck that... you don't gotta explain yourself to nobody

Could be a combination of both

Example: Chris Benoit

It's pretty scary what a good chunk of NFL players and boxers go through once they hit their twilight years. Safe to say, MMA will probably have it's own CTE-related shitstorm in about 10-20 years.

Stephan Bonnar is already showing slurred speech. Guys like Gaethje, Sanchez, and Shogun might very well be on their way there.

Last edited:
Back