Belfort’s win over couture legitimate, yes or no?

Chris_M

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
I say 100% absolutely it was yes, Couture was lucky they stopped it when they did or he would of caught a beating and then there would of been no controversy!

Freaky, but yeah it's legit. He threw a punch, it was legal, and ended the fight by doctor stoppage. Sucks it went down that way and it certainly was a fluke ... but it was legit.

legit but lucky

I remember during the post fight interview vitor was literally crying bc his sister was recently missing and the American crowd booing him the whole time.

stay classy USA ;)

It was a legitimate win but we can say having watched the other two fights that Vitor was incredibly lucky to win

It's legit. A shitty ending that wasn't enjoyed, but still legit.

There’s a pretty easy way to determine if a win is legit or not. Look at their record. If they won. They won.

There’s a pretty easy way to determine if a win is legit or not. Look at their record. If they won. They won.
efd2057a24de376da72fae5c901a42fd--mark-hamill-beef.jpg

I say 100% absolutely it was yes, Couture was lucky they stopped it when they did or he would of* caught a beating and then there would of* been no controversy!

*have

Not legit IMO, freak accident. I think Handy could have weathered the storm and tired vitor out.

If you win within the rules, it's legit. Only dopes argue about what was lucky, what was legit, etc. If it goes down in the win column, it's legit baby!

Legit. Shit happens.. plus Randy smashed him again at 49

" If the punch was 2 inches closer, i would've have gotten the knockout" - Vitor

Yes it was a legal win, but in no way was that fight indicative of anything regarding MMA abilities. An NC would be more reasonable in my book.

No.
Vitor was on roids anyway tainted as fuck

Horseshit win. How many punches catch an eye like that? I'd call it an illegitimate victory, but then I'd end up arguing with someone over semantics. So, I'll stick with "horseshit."

Back