The e-mails between GSP's team and NSAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

UsernameLOL

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
https://www.sbnation.com/2013/9/11/4719572/georges-st-pierre-johny-hendricks-drug-testing-gsp-ufc

This article clears up a lot of misconceptions, including the ones I had.

Hendricks typically gets most of the blame for not agreeing to enhanced testing but what is often overlooked is GSP's unwillingness to cooperate. GSP first presented the idea of doing enhanced testing through VADA to which Hendricks initially agreed and then reneged citing the likeness of GSP on VADA's website as evidence of VADA being impartial. Instead, Hendricks' team put forth the idea of NSAC enhanced testing through the WADA/USADA accredited lab in Salt Lake City (SMRTL - Sports Medicine Research and Testing Laboratory). Which is NOT the same as USADA level testing, but merely the use of the same labs.

NSAC enhanced testing through SMRTL would use WADA's banned substance list as well as introduce an element of randomized element to sample collecting.

Article said:
"SB Nation spoke to Keith Kizer, executive director of the NSAC, who backed up the idea that the camps seemed to have agreed on the same testing methods as used in the Bradley/Marquez fight" (Which was NSAC enhanced testing through SMRTL).

Here's where things get interesting; GSP's asked a litany of specific questions that Keith Kizer refused to answer with too much detail because doing so would undermine the legitimacy of the drug testing program. Furthermore, in the process of coming to an agreement GSP's management said they would be unreachable for 10 days and this was taken as a tacit refusal to participate in the NSAC enhanced testing program. I can only assume that the tacit refusal to participate in the NSAC enhanced testing was because GSP didn't get the answers he wanted. Not a brash assumption.

Among those questions were (and these are direct quotes from the emails)

E-Mail said:

To: Keith Kizer

Hello Mr. Kizer,

Couple of questions.

I would like to know the exact list of substances that will be tested by the Salt Lake City Lab?

What will be the detection limits for each test?

Who will be the medical review officer?

Will IRMS analysis be included for the 19-norandrosterone, la testosterone, la DHEA etc?

E-mail said:
To: Rudolph Beaulieu

See WADA's Prohibited List - http://www.wada-ama.org/Documents/W...ed-List/2013/WADA-Prohibited-List-2013-EN.pdf

All methods used for testing are consistent with current WADA technical documents

Dr. Timothy Trainor is the Commission's Consulting Research Physician

Such analysis can and may be done, at the discretion of the Commission

Article said:
"It got to the point with, as I call it, '20 Questions,' with some questions I already answered asking what specific tests were going to be done," Kizer said. "We're not going to tell these athletes what specific tests we're going to be doing, because then they know what specific tests you're not doing. You don't tell them the frequency. You don't tell them the tests, obviously. There were other questions that seemed very irrelevant"

"I let them know how we were doing it for that fight, and I told them the same thing I told those parties," said Kizer. "I said 'we do testing through this lab.' They're using the WADA list. They're using the WADA protocols. Both guys will be tested for the exact same amount of time, and they'll be tested blood and urine. That's the extent of what we're going through here because we're not going to be giving away a road map."

Kizer claims to eventually have gotten fed up with answering questions: "I finally said, 'look, we're doing our own test. Never mind. It's clear there's no interest here.' And then he wrote back, 'no no no, we're still interested. But I'm unavailable for the next 10 days. I can't be reached by email or phone. But send us all this stuff.' No, if you're gonna go incommunicado on me, there's no point. There wasn't even a point before that. There's no point now."

I don't blame Georges for this, but Georges' people decided to start muddying the waters asking a ton of questions, some which were relevant and some that weren't," Kizer explained. "And they continued to ask questions and then finally they got to the point where they were unavailable and can't be reached in any manner for at least 10 days. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that's a 'no.' That's a 'no' by one's inactions than it is a verbal 'no' or a written 'no,' but you can read the emails yourself and make up your own mind."

My Thoughts/Questions:

1) Why did GSP's team want to know exactly what the samples would be tested for? Especially when he already knew that they would be following WADA's list. Even

2) Why did GSP's team specifically ask about "19-norandrosterone, la testosterone, la DHEA etc." for the specific laboratory method "IRMS"? BTW, 19-norandrosterone is a metabolite of "Deca".

3) It's pretty unprofessional to be out of reach for 10 days when trying to strike an important deal. I would assume this is a tacit refusal to participate in NSAC enhanced testing. Keith Kizer had the same interpretation.

Cliffs:
- Hendricks initially agreed to VADA and then refused VADA citing GSP's likeness on their website as evidence of impartiality
- GSP tacitly refused NSAC enhanced testing through SMRTL by being out of pocket for 10 days. GSP's refusal was due to the fact that Keith Kizer would not divulge specific details of the tests because doing so would practically render the testing useless.
- GSP did VADA anyway to save face

Edit: This is not a defense of Hendricks that guy is/was juiced.

Last edited:
Just come out and say it and stop doing 10 long passive aggressive accusation. Speak your mind, young man.

Last edited:
Hendricks was in no rush to do any advanced testing at all.. The proof is in his horrendous dog shit performances after. Dude could not even make weight off the juice. GSP under full USADA protocol, finished the MW champ after a 4 year layoff. The rest is pure speculation.

And Keith Kizer is corrupt. That is why he is gone..

Hendricks was in no rush to do any advanced testing at all.. The proof is in his horrendous dog shit performances after. Dude could not even make weight off the juice. GSP under full USADA protocol, finished the MW champ after a 4 year layoff. The rest is pure speculation.
atleast johnny kept fighting, GSP ran off before usada could test him.

what's even more interesting is that his "doctors" were needing this information.

like he said on jre, the game now is who can beat usada and get the edge.

once a vaseline cheater always a cheater.

GSP has a long history of shadiness

atleast johnny kept fighting, GSP ran off before usada could test him.

Probably because there was no USADA in UFC when he retired, or did he avoid testing that wasn't there somehow?

It's hilarious how GSP, who was regarded as the MOST athletic fighter in the UFC, BEFORE usada came is accusing people of drug use.

GSP, you were more athletic and had better cardio than people who were on steroids. But you're just a result of hard work right and no one else is? Come on son

Use your real account.

I would agree that the Johny Hendricks testing situation was sketchy on GSP and his team's part.

If they really wanted to take part In enhanced testing under the wada accredited Salt lake city lab they would have done so. Seemed like they were Insistent on VADA at the time.

I really don't have anything against GSP and quite honestly I don't care who's using anymore. That whole situation was a massive red flag to me though and It seemed like his team went Into full damage control mode, turning It back on hendricks.

This is just my opinion / thoughts on the matter though.

And now we get to see GSP vs. Nate.

So worth the wait.

https://www.sbnation.com/2013/9/11/4719572/georges-st-pierre-johny-hendricks-drug-testing-gsp-ufc

This article clears up a lot of misconceptions, including the ones I had.

Hendricks typically gets most of the blame for not agreeing to enhanced testing but what is often overlooked is GSP's unwillingness to cooperate. GSP first presented the idea of doing enhanced testing through VADA to which Hendricks initially agreed and then reneged citing the likeness of GSP on VADA's website as evidence of VADA being impartial. Instead, Hendricks' team put forth the idea of NSAC enhanced testing through the WADA/USADA accredited lab in Salt Lake City (SMRTL - Sports Medicine Research and Testing Laboratory). Which is NOT the same as USADA level testing, but merely the use of the same labs.

NSAC enhanced testing through SMRTL would use WADA's banned substance list as well as introduce an element of randomized element to sample collecting.

Here's where things get interesting; GSP's asked a litany of specific questions that Keith Kizer refused to answer with too much detail because doing so would undermine the legitimacy of the drug testing program. Furthermore, in the process of coming to an agreement GSP's management said they would be unreachable for 10 days and this was taken as a tacit refusal to participate in the NSAC enhanced testing program. I can only assume that the tacit refusal to participate in the NSAC enhanced testing was because GSP didn't get the answers he wanted. Not a brash assumption.

Among those questions were (and these are direct quotes from the emails)

My Thoughts/Questions:

1) Why did GSP's team want to know exactly what the samples would be tested for? Especially when he already knew that they would be following WADA's list. Even

2) Why did GSP's team specifically ask about "19-norandrosterone, la testosterone, la DHEA etc." for the specific laboratory method "IRMS"? BTW, 19-norandrosterone is a metabolite of "Deca".

3) It's pretty unprofessional to be out of reach for 10 days when trying to strike an important deal. I would assume this is a tacit refusal to participate in NSAC enhanced testing. Keith Kizer had the same interpretation.

Cliffs:
- Hendricks initially agreed to VADA and then refused VADA citing GSP's likeness on their website as evidence of impartiality
- GSP tacitly refused NSAC enhanced testing through SMRTL by being out of pocket for 10 days. GSP's refusal was due to the fact that Keith Kizer would not divulge specific details of the tests because doing so would practically render the testing useless.
- GSP did VADA anyway to save face
NEVER flagged for a violation, undeniably the WW GOAT, arguably the P4P GOAT, two division champ.

<Moves>
<GinJuice>

GSP: solid guy, double weight champ,. The goat, and exposing Kizer.. He's Clarke fucking kent and Peter Parker rolled together. Lol

He should have quit fighting because he can't off the juice. Not even make weight at 185 off the juice. GSP beat the MW champ. And he put him away..
He also tapped to strikes against matt serra and quit the sport after johnny beat the shit out of
him

It's funny to watch folks grasp at straws to discredit GSP.

Usually due to him having beat their favorite fighter.

Guy is the one true GOAT.

My take on this is that Georges had it on good authority that johny was cheating and possibly he was told of the substance by someone/ possibly a mole.

Why would the guy initiate everything and then start panicking over what they would be testing for? Makes no sense.
Sounds like he was more concerned that Johny might dupe the test imo unless Georges is just stupid( which I don’t think that he is)

Last edited:
The real Hendricks at WW is the one Wonderboy tooled and whooped. If That Hendricks fought GSP, it is a 50-43 clinic.

I dunno honestly. Hendricks was always a fatty tbh. Dolce complained about how fat Hendricks got between his camps long before USADA came around.

I feel like his issue is more discipline, food, and diet based as opposed to PED's. Personally.

To me, guys who are juicing..aren't the rampages, bj penn's who get really fat between camps.

And Hendricks was the one who suggested WADA or USADA in the first place. Not GSP. If he were really on the juice, seems a little odd that he'd be suggesting doing the most strict testing. And more specifically requesting random testing.

and yes I'm aware vada supposedly uses wada accredited labs. @dimspace went into detail on their lack of credibility though, compared to a legitimate wada accredited lab who posts all their data or USADA..they're a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back