Carlos Condit not retiring, wants to return in late 2018.

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
UFC welterweight Carlos Condit has already informed his management he intends to fight again, despite a frank, open-ended social media post on a potential retirement last month.

According to Condit's representatives at First Round Management, Condit recently informed them he intends to fight again and wants to return in November or December. He did not mention a potential opponent.

http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/...dit-told-management-intends-continue-fighting

He should Imo. That Lawler fight seems to have taken everything out of him. His chin doesn't seem as granite as it was he said Maia hurt him with a shot. I don't want to see Condit going out like that.

If he wants to keep on fighting thats fine with me, but be smart with your matchpicking.I feel like if you are a legend but past your prime you should fight fighters who are in the same place, then it doesnt bother me if he picks and choses fights, he wont fight for the title. Fight a Matt Brown or something like that. Still great fighters but they cant keep up with the young and fresh fighters.

One of my all time favorites...

He needs to stop. I’m sure he could just coach somewhere. Condit has been losing to guys he would have smoked years ago.

Condit is one of my favorite fighters of all time.

With that being said, how in the hell is his TDD so comically bad still!?

Big Condit fan...

To be honest, his best days are over...the Lawler fight probably was the last he had in him...and for Lawler too btw.

I wouldn't be dissapointed if he calls it a career...and he should...

I think he is now in a stage in his career...since the Maia loss...where he realised that he kinda doesn't have anymore.
He also kinda retired 2x in his last 3 fights.

I think he is just fighting for such a long time, that he is so used to this life, that he doesn't really want to say to himself: its over!

Also, maybe he doesn't really have a back up plan for his life after fighting and is kinda afraid of the next step...
So he just tries to get as many paychecks as he can...before he is out...since he got a wife and kids to feed

He needs to diversify his striking again and stop letting his TDD regress... Give him someone like Tarec Saffiedine.

I mean if he comes back really wanting to fight and not drawing a paycheck I'm game for it. But if the guy comes back that looks like he doesn't really want to fight, he should just stay retired. This last fight was the first Condit fight I didn't watch since Prader, I mean 7 losses in your last 9? You aren't fighting anymore hoss. I think he's been robbed in a couple fights, but still, even so, he'd only be 4 out of his last 9.

Some people just cant let go.

At least he isnt trying to fight jon jones

Condit is one of my favorite fighters of all time.

With that being said, how in the hell is his TDD so comically bad still!?
His TDD isn't the best...but a lot of guys with a very active and dangerous guard don't have great TDD...or just don't care if they end up being on their back.

Transitioning into some coaching/prospect development role would be good for him. He's got decades of experience that he can profit from.

UFC should have some mentoring program to get veteran fighters out of the octagon and into the office. Fly Condit around the country scouting, put him in situations to succeed and see what his strengths are.

I will watch the guy as long as he wants to fight, been a rough patch lately but he will always be the Natural Born Killer and an absolute savage

another fighter that cant seem to win post usada and everyone is theorizing on why that is.

Got to support that fine ass wife of his.
carlosconditandseagermccullahpic.jpg

o_O

Back