Why do people think Till can win against Wonderboy?

NurmaGOATedov

Fuck khabib
@Blue
Reaction score
Till is just some guy that talks a lot and he beat a few cans and one old journeyman in Cerrone. Wonderboy is the best striker in the UFC. He only lost to Woodley because Woodley spend 100k+ on training camps to prepare for Wonderboy and did everything in his power to win a decision. Till is going to get destroyed and it won't even be close. I'm 3/3 on my Sherdog fight prediction threads so far, will be 4/4 after this fight.

Wonderboy by TKO in round 2.

Betslip please (should be a no brainer for you at these odds). I like WB as well but it's not a lock.

Cause of the weight thing. Nobody expects Til to be a better striker or more skilled in any way, but he could potentially bully WB against the cage or land some hard shots that hurt him.

WB is also getting old and starting to be a WM, so his reflexes and chin could be slowing down too, and could be a question mark. If WB is his old self he counter KO's him like he did vs. Whittaker or easy UD like vs. Rory, but if he got old overnight like some fighters do, e.g. Jacare (age plays more of a factor the power you go in weight usually), then Til could very well smash him.

Till is just some guy that talks a lot and he beat a few cans and one old journeyman in Cerrone. Wonderboy is the best striker in the UFC. He only lost to Woodley because Woodley spend 100k+ on training camps to prepare for Wonderboy and did everything in his power to win a decision. Till is going to get destroyed and it won't even be close. I'm 3/3 on my Sherdog fight prediction threads so far, will be 4/4 after this fight.

He big.

Betslip please (should be a no brainer for you at these odds). I like WB as well but it's not a lock.

I'm a millionaire because I invested in Crypto early, I don't need to gamble away my money betting on fights.

Till his huge. Looks like a MW come fight night. This can pose a problem for anyone. Plus, he does have power. Wonderboy hasn’t been finished before but we know he can be hurt. Till has a real chance here.

Till is as big as Wonderoldman and has pretty good hands.

Thompson was scared of Woodley power. Lets see how he deals with Till when he feels him.

Because it's a fight.

Maybe Wonderboy's best days are behind him and this is the fight where we start to see it.

Two world class fighters. Proven vet vs. Strong up and comer. Could go either way, Wondersoy by armbar.

Lol
I'm a millionaire because I invested in Crypto early, I don't need to gamble away my money betting on fights.
Lmfao

Please, write more, you're a funny kid.

There are no sure bets in fighting. Till has youth, size, power, and confidence on his side. He's also a skilled kickboxer. It's gonna be interesting, but I have a feeling a new contender will emerge after Saturday night.

Nobody's asking you to bet a serious amount of money. Just some kind of token of confidence.

Wonderboy:
44% striking accuracy (1361 attempts), 60% striking defense, and 87% of strikes done while standing. 5 KO/TKOs (42% rate in 12 fights).
50% TD success (10 attempts), and 78% TDD.

Darren Till:
52% striking accuracy (340 attempts), 63% striking defense, and 66% of strikes done while standing. 2 KO/TKOs (40% rate in 5 fights)
33% TD success (9 attempts), and 82% TDD.

These are only descriptive statistics, I have done any testing to see if they are statistically significant to infer anything. The numbers look similar. However, Wonderboy has almost twice the experience and has fought arguably better competition.

I don't see Darren Till winning a stand-up battle against Wonderboy. I rewatched the Cowboy Cerrone fight, and made a thread about it. These numbers seem to support what I saw in the Cowboy Cerrone fight.

Darren Till has to take Wonderboy down, and smash him on the ground. Wonderboy has to keep it a kick-boxing fight. If Darren Till can beat Wonderboy in emphatic fashion, then clearly deserves a title shot.

Till has that scary Conor-esque confidence in himself. That self belief alone can carry you past more skilled opponents, not to mention he is young, hungry and huge for the weightclass.

Of course Wonderboy isn't a headcase like Cerrone is and doesn't get intimidated when his opponent won't be his best buddy, so this will be an interesting one.

There are no sure bets in fighting. Till has youth, size, power, and confidence on his side. He's also a skilled kickboxer. It's gonna be interesting, but I have a feeling a new contender will emerge after Saturday night.
Yes, Till has youth, but that doesn't seem to be a major factor in MMA. I think close to 50% of champs are 30 plus.

Till only has two finishes in 5 fights, you may be overstating his power. When has he even proven it? Smaller guys than Till have folded Cowboy Cerrone.

Wonderboy is equally confident. He has the experience and has fought arguably better competition and the biggest stage.

Darren Till's hype is making this match-up interesting. On paper, it is a mismatch.

Cause of the weight thing. Nobody expects Til to be a better striker or more skilled in any way, but he could potentially bully WB against the cage or land some hard shots that hurt him.

WB is also getting old and starting to be a WM, so his reflexes and chin could be slowing down too, and could be a question mark. If WB is his old self he counter KO's him like he did vs. Whittaker or easy UD like vs. Rory, but if he got old overnight like some fighters do, e.g. Jacare (age plays more of a factor the power you go in weight usually), then Til could very well smash him.

Good post, though I think the fight could go either way. I've said before that the 10-year age difference is probably the biggest factor, not the style difference between Muay Thai and TMA.

Back