Is WMMA hate a sherdog thing?

Verace

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
This forum hates on WMMA constantly. Any thread created about things related to it gets at least a few diss posts on the first page guaranteed.

But more and more i see WMMA fights on main cards or even headlining events.

Also, when promoters get interviewed they sound pretty excited when then talk about adding WMMA to their promotion, or adding more weight classes. What is the explanation for this then?

I am a sherdogger 100%. This is where i have contact with other mma fans opinion, so it always seemed to me like WMMA was universally disliked.

But i keep seeing more WMMA fights on cards and media coverage. Why?

This shit has got to be making money or ratings somehow.... otherwise the people involved in the business would not be giving it so much space.

Is mma really getting more popular amongst women? Are women bringing in the ratings? Have gyms been getting more women training mma?

Why would they cater to it if it wasnt turning a profit?

Nobody really like watching mma but 18 to 25yr old males then prob 45 to 65yr old men...that's why ufc trys it's best to find hot wmma fighters instead of creating a hw division for Gabi garcia

Sherdog loves WMMA.

No, it's not very popular as a whole.

Attractive fighters regardless of skillset can and do receive as much attention and hype as unattractive fighters with superior skillsets.

80% of WMMA fights, even in the UFC, are awkward and not very enjoyable to watch.

Sherdog loves WMMA.
tumblr_lozdsb0bKx1qbnd1c.gif

Maybe they are closeted fans then.

Sherdog might be Colonel Fitts from "american beauty" <Lmaoo>

No it isn't just a Sherdog thing. They are easier to do promotion for so you see it there. But there are plenty of haters of wmma outside of sherdog.

85,000 ppv buys.

Not a sherdog thing

This forum hates on WMMA constantly. Any thread created about things related to it gets at least a few diss posts on the first page guaranteed.

But more and more i see WMMA fights on main cards or even headlining events.

Also, when promoters get interviewed they sound pretty excited when then talk about adding WMMA to their promotion, or adding more weight classes. What is the explanation for this then?

I am a sherdogger 100%. This is where i have contact with other mma fans opinion, so it always seemed to me like WMMA was universally disliked.

But i keep seeing more WMMA fights on cards and media coverage. Why?

This shit has got to be making money or ratings somehow.... otherwise the people involved in the business would not be giving it so much space.

Is mma really getting more popular amongst women? Are women bringing in the ratings? Have gyms been getting more women training mma?

Why would they cater to it if it wasnt turning a profit?

I can guarantee or your money back, but wait there's more, call now and you'll get twice as much guarantee...that it is most DEFINITELY NOT just a Sherdog thing. I am the only one of my 20+ some friends that use Sherdog AND watch MMA.

Needless to say, when WMMA comes on, we go play beer pong or cards.

Cheers.

No it happens everywhere.

Basically WMMA fights are generally decision fests. There are exceptions like Cyborg, Nunes, Rose, etc, who have finishing abilities, but usually if you see an WMMA fight on the card it's a gauranteed 15 minutes.

Is there a womens sport that isn't regarded and constantly looked down upon as being inferior to the men's counterpart?

And yet the Olympics, i.e., is half women, half men.

It's not an MMA-thing.

It's probably that sports/competition from the casual viewers point (lol) is mostly a matter of watching people compete at a level that 99.999 % of the population wouldn't be able to get to, and hence it's enjoyable and entertaining.

Is there a womens sport that isn't regarded and constantly looked down upon as being inferior to the men's counterpart?

And yet the Olympics, i.e., is half women, half men.

It's not an MMA-thing.

It's probably that sports/competition from the casual viewers point (lol) is mostly a matter of watching people compete at a level that 99.999 % of the population wouldn't be able to get to, and hence it's enjoyable and entertaining.

Yeah, Softball, Volleyball, Figure Skating to name a few.

Pretty much, from the other forums I go to. There’s some hate, but it’s not as vocal as on here.

Having the pretty women get them mainstream coverage that they wouldn't generally get, like PVZ on dancing with the starts and whatever else.. so even though its detrimental to the product, I presume they think that the increased exposure to the brand makes it worthwhile overall. Plus there's more title fights, and they love handing belts out.

Yeah, Softball, Volleyball, Figure Skating to name a few.

Figure skating is about aesthetics (for a huge part). Dunno about volleyball and softball, but I suspect that if you were to engage on a volleyball-messageboard, people would be ridiculing the women.

I follow tennis a bit, and there's no doubt that female tennis players are probably the worlds most famous female athletes in general - yet you still see (primarily men, obviously) talking about the male player ranked 16343 being able to beat Serena Williams.

Just don’t like it. I gave wmma a lot of chances

Back