Prime vs prime threads

cyrusthevyrus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I dont understand how people can compare fighters from different eras.

Ex: prime Jones vs prime Mark Coleman.

Jones had already MMA gyms and trainers teaching him strategies and techniques.

Guys like Coleman are pioneers, they improved MMA so guys like Jones can be more efficient.

In prime sherdog you would not get any likes for your thread

Prime Lebron James > Prime Dale Earnhardt
Because science.

Conor would have beat a prime Floyd, Conor only lost because he felt bad hitting someone over 40.

The high end fighters of yesteryear could compete just fine today. There is more depth in MMA today, but top guys are top guys regardless of era. Especially the higher you go in weight classes. HW/LHW today is probably worse than it was 10 years ago TBH

The high end fighters of yesteryear could compete just fine today. There is more depth in MMA today, but top guys are top guys regardless of era. Especially the higher you go in weight classes. HW/LHW today is probably worse than it was 10 years ago TBH

I disagree, HW maybe but Liddell, Tito, Griffin would get beat by lower LHW guys like OSP and Davis imo, let alone the DC and the Gustafssons.

I disagree, HW maybe but Liddell, Tito, Griffin would get beat by lower LHW guys like OSP and Davis imo, let alone the DC and the Gustafssons.
Prime Silva, Shogun, Hendo, Rampage, Chuck would all be fine. I never thought that highly of Tito or Forrest, frankly.

I even think someone like Arona, MiniReem, Diet Nog, Randleman... could be top 5 at LHW. Super shallow division

Prime Silva, Shogun, Hendo, Rampage, Chuck would all be fine. I never thought that highly of Tito or Forrest, frankly.

I even think someone like Arona, MiniReem, Diet Nog, Randleman... could be top 5 at LHW. Super shallow division

I included Forrest as I imagine ten years ago he was probably champ.

I agree it's definitely a shallower division, now you raise that point though, I'd love to see todays MW's to see how they'd fare against the top MW's from 2008.

I always think that and wonder how many defences Silva would have had.

I was so hoping this thread would be complaining about the very idea of prime-vs-prime threads and how silly and unprovable they are. The first line fed my hopes. Then the rest followed and revealed it to be one of those evolution arguments. I am disappoint.

I included Forrest as I imagine ten years ago he was probably champ.

I agree it's definitely a shallower division, now you raise that point though, I'd love to see todays MW's to see how they'd fare against the top MW's from 2008.

I always think that and wonder how many defences Silva would have had.
Yoel stylistically may be a nightmare for even a prime Anderson Silva.

And yes, Forrest was champ but fuck that decision win he got over Rampage. Quinton and I both underestimated Griffin in that fight though; he was game that night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back