Dana White flying to Liverpool, will meet with Conor McGregor to discuss future

Cooliox

Steel Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
McGregor still has pending legal issues to resolve stemming from his infamous bus attack during April’s UFC 223 fight week in Brooklyn, N.Y., but that won’t stop him from meeting face to face with the UFC boss.

“Obviously he has to deal with that in June,” White said Wednesday during a “SportsCenter” appearance on ESPN. “I’m flying to Liverpool this weekend for a fight there, and he and I are going to meet in Liverpool.”

UFC Fight Night 130 takes place Sunday at Echo Arena and airs on FS1 following early prelims on UFC Fight Pass.

White did not state whether McGregor, who was stripped of the UFC lightweight belt following new champ Khabib Nurmagomedov’s victory at UFC 223, would attend UFC Fight Night 130. The last time McGregor attended a UFC event in person – at UFC Fight Night 118 in October – it caused a swell of controversy with him being caught on video making a homophobic slur after SBG Ireland teammate Artem Lobov lost his fight.

via mmajunkie

He can do whatever the fuck he wants and Dana will still suck him off.

Conor really doesn't understand the idea of striking whilst the iron is hot does he?

The guy is wasting his prime away, in this world where he thinks £30-40 million will last him forever.

Conor really doesn't understand the idea of striking whilst the iron is hot does he?

The guy is wasting his prime away, in this world where he thinks £30-40 million will last him forever.
Why wouldn't it?

He can sit out for as long as he wants if he just throws a dolly once a year to get the people talking. It's 2018, people feed on drama.

He knows what he's doing we have absolutely no idea what he's making currently from all his ventures, christ I went to the shop and he was on a monster energy drink stand, he may well be a big enough star that he never has to fight again, therefore a real bad beating would damage his image greatly.

Would have thought he'd have to wait to see how the lawsuits all pan out first.

Can't wait for the McGregor/Mayweather 2 announcement Monday then.

Dana has no one to blame for this situation but himself for the dog-eat-dog environment he created that promotes lunatics and leads all his fighters to cash in and get the fk out at the first opportunity.

in this world where he thinks £30-40 million will last him forever.

I think that he's intelligent enough that he invested some of that money. He has a clothing line coming out, he has a whiskey coming out, he has TheMacLife, McGregor fast...he'll be fine. The iron he's striking is still hot AF.

I hope Conor gives him some sound advice. I worry about Dana's future

If only Conor McGregor would take business and life lessons from Sherdog posters, he'd take his career to the next level.

If only Conor McGregor would take business and life lessons from Sherdog posters, he'd take his career to the next level.
giphy.gif

I think that he's intelligent enough that he invested some of that money. He has a clothing line coming out, he has a whiskey coming out, he has TheMacLife, McGregor fast...he'll be fine. The iron he's striking is still hot AF.

Actually the whiskey is not coming out. He got a trademark law suit in Europe, because the name is already registered.

You cannot honestly be that naive.

How many famous people's clothing lines actually work, stand the test of time and actually get bought by consumers outside of super fans?

Whiskey? You must be having a laugh. He's from Ireland, a place which is renowned for it's whiskey and he thinks that his whiskey with little to no investment is going to go places? You think Notorious whiskey could ever swim in an oversaturated market with Jim Beam, Jameson, Jack Daniel's and a plethora of scotch whiskeys around the globe? Sure, it would be fun for a minute, but nobody walks into a bar and chooses their whiskey based on the fact that Conor sponsors it. Also, it's not "his whiskey", he doesn't have a brewery or a aging house, is the whiskey even on sale yet?

TheMacLife means absolutely nothing if he doesn't fight, it's a good medium to promote his career, but if he remains inactive the viewership will decline. Also, the guys who actually make the show/series would be the ones who own the YouTube channel, they're the guys who spend their hard earned money and time to produce the product, I doubt Conor is making much money off of that channel, if any.

Back