Fun Colby Covington fact

Willek

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
He has never fought on the main card of a PPV after 9 UFC fights.

"Nerd basher" is certainly running the game, eh?

{<jordan}

How funny will it be if he beats rda an then goes on to beat Woodley. I hope it happens so I can see cloby was always legit

That actually is a fun fact.

By the way, it's amusing that his strategy to up his profile is to spoil movies so that people avoid his twitter feed and interviews like the plague. It's like he managed to find the one way on the planet to actually troll in a way that loses attention.

Far from a Colby fan, but not really a huge fact really.

I think Conor had only fought on one PPV before the Mendes fight.

Fight Night Cards probably are better to get attention than some PPV's depending on the strength of the cards.

It's going to suck when he just wrestlefucks RDA.

Colby is the main event of UFC 225.

By the way, it's amusing that his strategy to up his profile is to spoil movies so that people avoid his twitter feed and interviews like the plague. It's like he managed to find the one way on the planet to actually troll in a way that loses attention.
I'm going to take a huge leap and say that Colby doesn't have a publicist.

Playing the heel can work - but you have to be polarising. By polarising, you need at least part of the fight community behind you and your direction. He shits all over everyone in a desperate play for attention, but he has failed to rally any real legacy behind him, mainly because people who go for the heel at least expect them to put on good performances. Colby could put a bedsheet to sleep in the octagon.

Spoiling highly commercial movies via twitter is about two notches below 'NerdBash2018', because wanting to bash nerds as a pro fighter is about as tough as calling the cops once you're 'assaulted' by a fellow fighter you publicly disrespected.

Why doesn't he just beat the shit out of a disabled kid in public? It would get more attention to the same effect. Then he wouldn't even have to watch superhero movies.

Here's another Cody fact: Big John, Herb Dean and Sean Shelby all have more Twitter followers...by a lot.

Yet folks still talking about him even though he has never been on a main card of a PPV. I personally like his approach more than the fighters claiming to be respectful yet blaming things other than themselves for not getting promotional push from the UFC.

And yet he has talked himself into a very winnable interim title fight. You have to admire the hustle.

<mma4>

That's a good point actually. I don't think he can wrap his head around how seriously a lot of grown men take their comic book movies.

I'll take a pass on these 30 year old up and comers.

I'm going to take a huge leap and say that Colby doesn't have a publicist.

Playing the heel can work - but you have to be polarising. By polarising, you need at least part of the fight community behind you and your direction. He shits all over everyone in a desperate play for attention, but he has failed to rally any real legacy behind him, mainly because people who go for the heel at least expect them to put on good performances. Colby could put a bedsheet to sleep in the octagon.

Spoiling highly commercial movies via twitter is about two notches below 'NerdBash2018', because wanting to bash nerds as a pro fighter is about as tough as calling the cops once you're 'assaulted' by a fellow fighter you publicly disrespected.

Why doesn't he just beat the shit out of a disabled kid in public? It would get more attention to the same effect. Then he wouldn't even have to watch superhero movies.
Honestly it all hinges on what happens in this fight. If he beats RDA then I guarantee his clout will skyrocket.

{<jordan}
Fun fact:Colby is co-main eventing one of the biggest cards in 2018. And that surely has nothing to do with RDA who was defending his LW belt on fox and fightpass F8D669C7-54E7-4718-8A7E-EA1CB6C2927C.gif

He will win, and you will cry. #NerdBash2018

Last edited:
Here's another Cody fact: Big John, Herb Dean and Sean Shelby all have more Twitter followers...by a lot.
Lies, Cody Garbrandt has more followers than those guys.

Damn casuals these days.

Lies, Cody Garbrandt has more followers than those guys.

Damn casuals these days.

Don't play dumb (again). Here, I'll help you out.

- Big John: 83.8K
- Herb Dean: 65.8K
- Sean Shelby: 39.7K
- Covington: 30.3K

There ya go, casual.

Back