Am I the only one bummed about ESPN getting the rights?

4n4L53x

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
ESPN is a Disney company, and so much of what Disney has had their hand in of late has been turned into absolute trash.

Lucasfilm and Marvel are just pumping out the blandest generic garbage for the lowest common denominator and I am afraid the UFC will need to push out a plethora of watered down cards to meet their obligation to ESPN.

No. A ton of you dumb asses are.

Less cards overall. A cheaper online component with all FP fights and more live events for $5 a month, which is $5 less than FP already is. Fewer overall events on actual television. Fewer cards? Higher quality of events all the way around.

That isn't even mentioning that ESPN sees tons of more households than FS1 and if you're out of the states, you get FP and ESPN+ for $10 total.

ESPN is a Disney company, and so much of what Disney has had their hand in of late has been turned into absolute trash.
tumblr_newyuuJxk51tt9lf5o1_400.gif

ESPN is more well known and the more watched sports channel.
Plus they'll do a better job of covering the sport and breaking down fights as well.

Lucasfilm and Marvel are just pumping out the blandest generic garbage for the lowest common denominator and I am afraid the UFC will need to push out a plethora of watered down cards to meet their obligation to ESPN.

What? The marvel movies have been awesome in recent memory.

Not a fan of ESPN because of its bringing politics into sports.

However, if they dump Dominick Cruz from commentary and analysis I'll overlook the negatives.

Well, I think they're already in the business of pushing out watered down cards as it is.

Am I happy about it? No.
Am I feeling much about it? No.

What I'm wondering about is this ESPN package I seem to have seen mentioned as something that will be needed to be able to see cards. Is that true?

I ain't buyin shit!

You're jumping the gun . Give it a year. I'm glad they got away from fox

They can't water down this shit any more

I WARNED Y´ALL!!

download.jpg

The only difference for me in watching a fox card as opposed to PPV/fightpass is that the fox cards were completely ruined with commercial breaks. I don't expect that to change with ESPN.

Also the 2 biggest film franchises of all time, good logic.

Getting bummed? What does ESPN have to do with you being sodomised?

Agreed that the Star Wars films suck, but in regards to bashing the Marvel movies:

tumblr_nemz3fa91f1rqak9yo1_250.gif

Actually, the marvel movies have been unique

Only the avengers flix are kind of mindless, but they have been doing pretty special stuff with the individual movies

Also, as far as Star Wars....uh, remember the prequels? Disney saved star wars

Back