Any UFC fighters with a Tang Soo Do background?

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Tang Soo Do is a Korean martial arts and its a mix of TKD and Karate. I remember it was becoming popular around 2002 in my hometown but then things fizzled out. Every now and then, I see them spar and do demo and their move set is pretty respectable.

Curios to know if there are any UFC fighters who have the Tang Soo Do background?

giphy.gif

Being the only guy in the world who knows what that is, what makes you think someone else will know that shit.

Edit- Did a quick search for you. no fighter came up but one Bruce Buffer is a black belt in it according to wiki.

Karate is already a mix of taekwondo and Karate

Soo do tang... If you know what I mean.

Being the only guy in the world who knows what that is, what makes you think someone else will know that shit.

Edit- Did a quick search for you. no fighter came up but one Bruce Buffer is a black belt in it according to wiki.

Bro, Pat trained the original Karate Kid crew in Tang Soo Do. You could argue that the cobra kai karate is in fact, Tang Soo Do. In the third movie with Terry Silver, Terry mentioned John Kreese master being from Korea.

Tang Soo Do is a Korean martial arts and its a mix of TKD and Karate. I remember it was becoming popular around 2002 in my hometown but then things fizzled out. Every now and then, I see them spar and do demo and their move set is pretty respectable.

Curios to know if there are any UFC fighters who have the Tang Soo Do background?

I thought Tang Soo Do was a RAP gang.

What's up with the Tyron Woodly gif?

Sambo was a racist term. Like the original N-word. So I could understand if I mentioned it would make me seem cheeky.

Then again, we are now aware of the Russian sambo and the racist term has died down in modern time.

Keith Hackney

images

We have a winner! I knew one of the early UFC fighters studied Tang Soo Do. The perfect art for destroying giants and escaping JoeSonDo guillotine chokes with...well, tactics that are no longer legal in the UFC.

Back