FOX Sports issues statement on UFC's departure for ESPN in 2019

TCE

"That's fucking illegal"
Pink Belt
Reaction score
For those that are interested - short and sweet:

“FOX Sports has enjoyed an amazing partnership with the UFC over the last seven years,” the statement read. “As FOX Sports was planning the launch of FS1, Dana White and Lorenzo Fertitta were the first partners to believe in the idea and vision of the new network. We look forward to finishing out 2018 with more exciting live events and wish the UFC continued success in the years to come.”

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/05/fox-sports-statement-ufc-espn-deal-2019

So are they done now? Now more FS1 stuff?

Hopefully the UFC doesn't fuck up their debut again

UFC is fucking ESPN now. We all know they will be pretending its FS1 in their minds though.

It took 2 second to read the SHERDOG article to find out that the ESPN deal starts in 2019.

Fox wasn't that bad... started losing name fights. But most cards turned out decent. But this is a good move... money wise for the UFC...

So are they done now? Now more FS1 stuff?
Are you really dumb or just pretend dumb? Or are you “missing brain cellsl dumb? Possibly “chromosomal abnormality” dumb?

Isn't like half of fs1’s content ufc? What are they gonna do now, 3 more hours of skip bay less a day?

Fox got Disney'd.

Again.

FOX got WWE. Whose stock is at record highs. Disney is in the toilet. ESPN the worst part of Disney. And Comcast is outbidding Disney now for FOX.

WWE stock was up 20% this week alone so far and 175% on the year.

Sounds like every termination letter I've received

Networks are panicking, they all want live sports / DVR proof programming. UFC finally got paid, as did WWE.

Fox wasn't that bad... started losing name fights. But most cards turned out decent. But this is a good move... money wise for the UFC...

I think the ufc and it’s cable partner really need to identify their goals.

As the cable company, I’m sure they want big fights to generate ratings.

I’m sure the ufc wants to biuld it’s fan base using the cable company and spark enough interest to sell ppv fights.

There has to be a happy medium and I hope they find it.

The cable company would love huge fights, but it would detract from the ppv business model that is the ufc bread and butter (along with reeblok gear).

As dumb and "hip" as ESPN has become, this is a good move for the UFC. In the world of sports in the US, ESPN is main stream. I know FOX being one of the primary channels seemed like a big deal but I don't think the fights being on a FOX network matched the UFC's target market. SPIKE made more sense and now that UFC and WME seem to be trying to take the sport to bigger stages, ESPN is a great partner.

More like

1rvkpo.gif

FOX got WWE. Whose stock is at record highs. Disney is in the toilet. ESPN the worst part of Disney. And Comcast is outbidding Disney now for FOX.

WWE stock was up 20% this week alone so far and 175% on the year.
Thinking about outbidding. They still have to find the cash.

Back