Valentina- "If you dont want to fight, you have to leave the belt"

Hardkore

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/5/...dont-want-to-fight-you-have-to-leave-the-belt

I was willing to give Nicco the benefit of the doubt but I'm starting to believe she is indeed ducking Valentina Schevchenko.

“Bullet” still hasn’t heard when the UFC are targeting the flyweight title fight for, but insisted that Montano should “step out” of the title picture if she is not willing to defend her belt.

“Not yet, we are not at that point [Montano vacating the title],” Shevchenko told Ariel Helwani on the latest episode of The MMA Hour, “but I think it would be very right to do things like this because if you are not ready to fight, if you don’t want to fight, you have to leave the belt — you cannot hold it

“If you are feeling that you have health issues and you cannot fight for a long time you just have to leave it. When you come back you have a right to fight for this belt again. It’s not the right thing to just hold [the belt] and say it’s mine forever. Either you are fighting and defending or you should step out.”

“First Nicco said she was ready for July 7thand the they came back to her with July 28th, but she said no. I don’t know what she’s thinking. Maybe she thinks she has done everything she wanted to in her life and she’s ready to go and retire — I don’t know.

“I understand that she will be ready some time at the end of the summer. I will be here waiting to fight for the title. She just can’t run all the time, you have to stop sometimes. I just do my job. I never stop training so I’m always in good shape. I just have to wait my time and see how it turns out,” she said.

“Yes, I feel a bit like she is [avoiding me], but I also think it could be her strategy. I don’t know if they have approached her for a date at the end of the summer, if not maybe she will accept it, but nobody can be sure if she will be fighting by then. Maybe at the very last second she could say that she still has some kind of injury and she cannot fight. Maybe it will happen, so I will continue to do my job and keep training,” Shevchenko said.

“I think another part of her plan is her thinking that I will lose my patience and ask for another fight. Then I will fight another fight and she will be expecting that something will happen in this fight. I’m waiting for my title fight. It will happen.”

Nicco needs to put on her big girl pants and set a date with Valentina.

I don't blame Montanha one bit for not wanting to fight Valentina. Valentina legit might whoop her more than she whooped that poor girl in Brazil.

I don't blame Montanha one bit for not wanting to fight Valentina. Valentina legit might whoop her more than she whooped that poor girl in Brazil.

Very much a possibility, but if that's the case she needs to step down regardless of the reason why she doesn't want to fight. I said the same about Conrad, Nicco doesn't get an exemption

Greats like Conor, Ronda, Cruz, Montano should get more credit as champions.

Montano is the worst champion of all time. Yes, worse than De Randemie.

Shevchenko is going to maul this girl and it won't even be remotely competitive. If Valentina is -500 I'm betting the house!

This girl needs to stop fuckin whining. If you're tired of waiting go take a fight then. It's not like it's been THAT long and it's not like you've done a damn thing to earn a shot to begin with.

Take a fight or STFU.

This girl needs to stop fuckin whining. If you're tired of waiting go take a fight then. It's not like it's been THAT long and it's not like you've done a damn thing to earn a shot to begin with.

Take a fight or STFU.
She won 4 out of 8 rounds against bantamweight champion, who had like 20+ pounds on her. That's definitely something.

I get that Shevchenko wants a title fight ASAP but c'mon. Nicco fought in December. It's been 6 months. A lot of these champs nowadays only fight once a year. Woodley's going on a year which is why they're having an interim but it's not like they're the only ones who do that. DJ, TJ, Max, of course Conor, Bisping all have gone as long or longer without defending.

Val's been doing a lot of whinging recently. The champ is injured so either wait for the shot or take another fight.

If she put on more of a decent performance against Nunes in her title fight then she wouldn't be moaning about Montano every 5 minutes.

Last edited:
She won 4 out of 8 rounds against bantamweight champion, who had like 20+ pounds on her. That's definitely something.
Not at flyweight it isn't. I'm sick of this attitude that you can drop a class and suddenly you're owed something.

It was one thing when someone like Edgar dropped and got an immediate shot. And even that was an injury replacement. This girl has done nothing whatsoever at fly, meanwhile guys like Ferguson had to win ten straight fights to even sniff a title shot.

If she's so impatient and really thinks she's the best, then fine take a fight. All this whining and bitching from the sidelines like she's earned a shot is just annoying.

Take a fight or STFU.
LMFAO
Noobs

bullet just needs to hold on. i think nico montano is injured. i believe she came out recently citing a few injuries that she is rehabbing. if she's hurt, then this talk needs to end, let the girl heal and if she doesn't have a fight booked by the end of the summer, then lets talk about ducking. we all know it's just a matter of time before bullet gets that belt.

Why does Valentina get a title shot after beating an unranked, debuting crackhead?!

Take a fight or STFU.
She is trying to take a fight... with the champion that the UFC has been trying to setup for months now. Why in the world would a fighter choose to take another fight when she has a title shot in the palms of her hand? How much more money do you think she'll make as a main or co main event fighting for a title compared to fighting another nobody on the prelims? I would imagine Shev at least doubles her paycheck by fighting for a title, and you think she should turn down a title fight? why?
Shev has established herself as one of the best fighters in the world and is ranked above the champion on just about every MMA website. Who else is the champion going to defend against? Would you prefer the Roxanne rematch? Or Paige Van Zant who isn't even top 10? Help me understand why turning down a title shot along with probably her biggest pay check to date is a good idea.

Why does Valentina get a title shot after beating an unranked, debuting crackhead?!

Maybe because before that she was beating the best at 135, arguably won against nunes as well and is ranked #1? Randy couture back in the day got a titleshot at lhw with zero fights at that division. A fighter doesnt have to start at the bottom again just because he switched the weightclass.

Back