For all the new fans that don't like GSP...

Kvolcom

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
GSP is one of the main reasons this sport made it mainstream. I get some of you don't like his style, or bc u just started watching this sport you judge him on the recent times, but without GSP MMA wouldn't be where it is today

When MMA was trying to breakthrough into the mainstream, every media outlet would label UFC fighters as White trash, tattoo'd bar brawlers w no athletic ability

We as a fanbase/community would point to GSP to counter that argument. Clean cut, athletic, respectful, Polite, honourable, classy. ...He killed all the stereotypes. I know lots of those characteristics don't impress some the trash we have in our community, but the majority of the world appreciates those characteristics in all ppl.

And for all those that say he isn't a real fighter? He is as real as it gets. He fought at ufc 47 when there was ZERO $ in the sport and no fans. When you fight knowing there is no reward? That's a real fighter. He fought 3 times in his first year w the UFC. Made 5k show(5k win) against Karo, 5k show(5k win) against Jay Herion, then fought for the belt against one of the top P4P fighters in the world for 10k show(10k win).

He fought 3 times in a year, against 3 of the toughest guys of that era and walked away with 30k before taxes. because he's canadian and got double taxed...with paying training partners and trainers I'd say he made 7-10k for fighting 3 of the best fighters in the world.

But he isn't a fighter? lol do your research newbs

Last edited:
What is going on? GSP is a guest on Joe Rogan or something or what?

<Goldie11>

Yeah he really is the goat. It's ridiculous how many people showed they know nothing about him around the time of the bisping fight. You'd hear stuff like "Conor would wreck him" lol to that

GSP was getting shit on back then, too, don't pretend like criticizing his lay n pray, decision style is anything new lol.

GSP was getting shit on back then, too, don't pretend like criticizing his lay n pray, decision style is anything new lol.

Calling GSP a LNP fighter is like calling Anderson a point striker.

GSP was one of the most active and punishing top control fighters in UFC history. Just because he was fighting incredible, hard to finish competitors like Fitch, Shields, and Diaz doesn't make him anywhere close to a LNP fighter like Guida.

MMA is still in early 1900s compared to other sports.

People can like who they want and if they don’t like him, fine.

But if you don’t respect GSP then youre a gimp.

Calling GSP a LNP fighter is like calling Anderson a point striker.

GSP was one of the most active and punishing top control fighters in UFC history. Just because he was fighting incredible, hard to finish competitors like Fitch, Shields, and Diaz doesn't make him anywhere close to a LNP fighter like Guida.
Agreed. Hardy´s guard is elite too.

GSP is one of the main reasons this sport made it mainstream. I get some of you don't like his style, or bc u just started watching this sport you judge him on the recent times, but without GSP MMA wouldn't be where it is today

When MMA was trying to breakthrough into the mainstream, every media outlet would label UFC fighters as White trash, tattoo'd bar brawlers w no athletic ability

We as a fanbase/community would point to GSP to counter that argument. Clean cut, athletic, respectful, Polite, honourable, classy. ...He killed all the stereotypes. I know lots of those characteristics don't impress some the trash we have in our community, but the majority of the world appreciates those characteristics in all ppl.

And for all those that say he isn't a real fighter? He is as real as it gets. He fought at ufc 47 when there was ZERO $ in the sport and no fans. When you fight knowing there is no reward? That's a real fighter. He fought 3 times in his first year w the UFC. Made 5k show(5k win) against Karo, 5k show(5k win) against Jay Herion, then fought for the belt against one of the top P4P fighters in the world for 10k show(10k win).

He fought 3 times in a year, against 3 of the toughest guys of that era and walked away with 30k before taxes. because he's canadian and got double taxed...with paying training partners and trainers I'd say he made 7-10k for fighting 3 of the best fighters in the world.

But he isn't a fighter? lol do your research newbs
All the newb Conor fans love gsp you’re talking to nobody

Agreed. Hardy´s guard is elite too.

Hardy went the distance by toughing out a tight arm bar that would've tapped most people.

For every "boring" fight GSP had any other GOAT had one as well. GSP couldn't finish Hardy, Anderson also had boring decisions against Leites and Maia. Fedor had a boring, razor close decision with Arona.

Point being GSP was one of the most consistent, dominant, and aggessive fighters in the sport and his style was nothing close to LNP. The talent of his opposition, especially late in his career was just top notch and most were notoriously durable guys.

I don’t think many people dislike GSP.

People just end up in arguments about his accomplishments or don’t care for his style.

He’s kind of “the gentleman of MMA”.

Hardy went the distance by toughing out a tight arm bar that would've tapped most people.

For every "boring" fight GSP had any other GOAT had one as well. GSP couldn't finish Hardy, Anderson also had boring decisions against Leites and Maia. Fedor had a boring, razor close decision with Arona.

Point being GSP was one of the most consistent, dominant, and aggessive fighters in the sport and his style was nothing close to LNP. The talent of his opposition, especially late in his career was just top notch and most were notoriously durable guys.
Ya know... when SAKU GOAT felt he was matched against someone he considered unworthy, like a one-dimensional dude (BJJ dude like Arsene) or an undersized opponent (Royler)... you know what he would do?

A Carry-Job.

He just doesn’t like watching fights where the winner’s primary goal is to win 10-9 rounds.

His goal is to win the fight. As all fighters goals are.

He just uses the tools at his disposal. If he had the power of Rumble I am sure he would not hesitate to go for one shot knockouts. As it is his strengths are IQ, conditioning, timing, and positional dominance. Against lesser opponents like early in his career he could still finish fights no problem. Against Diaz, Shields, Fitch, he is forced to play the long game.

Same reason fighters like Barboza and Lando looks unstoppable head kicking scrubs, but fold like lawn chairs against tenacious fighters like Tony and Khabib. Same reason an otherwise consummate knockout artist like Conor ends up point fighting Nate in the rematch when he realizes he can't just blitz and put him away.

His goal is to win the fight. As all fighters goals are.

He just uses the tools at his disposal. If he had the power of Rumble I am sure he would not hesitate to go for one shot knockouts. As it is his strengths are IQ, conditioning, timing, and positional dominance. Against lesser opponents like early in his career he could still finish fights no problem. Against Diaz, Shields, Fitch, he is forced to play the long game.

Same reason fighters like Barboza and Lando looks unstoppable head kicking scrubs, but fold like lawn chairs against tenacious fighters like Tony and Khabib. Same reason an otherwise consummate knockout artist like Conor ends up point fighting Nate in the rematch when he realizes he can't just blitz and put him away.

Solid post.

But some of us hate the way the sport evolved around the 10-9 game and hate watching such strategy.

Of course he is a phenomenal martial artist and model citizen. I’m not disputing that.

Solid post.

But some of us hate the way the sport evolved around the 10-9 game and hate watching such strategy.

Of course he is a phenomenal martial artist and model citizen. I’m not disputing that.

Understood. Believe me, if it was at all feasible I would prefer early UFC rules "No biting, No eye gouging" EVERYTHING else legal.

When I was a little kid me and my older brother would move all the furniture out of the living room and "practice UFC." We would elbow each other in the face, we would head butt, we would pull hair, I have actually won fights by fish hook and stomps.

Just Bleed!

St Pierre is pure class... His trash talk... " I was not impressed my your performance". Hoping for him to humble Mcgregor.. then get another division championship by 2019...

Back