Chael Sonnen calls to end five round MMA fights

Yari

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score

How do people feel about this? After watching the video, he has an interesting take on it.

I’d love two 10min rounds non title fight and three 10mins rounds for title fights/main events.

Get rid of rounds altogether. Just fight for 15 minutes or 25 minutes. What I hate most is "saved by the bell" moments (when it happens to the fighter I like I'm fine with it for some reason ;) )

Last edited:
Chael has a rough history with that 5th round so I can see why

I agree with this or at the very least stop 5 round Heavyweight fights. A heavyweight fight past the 2nd round is already a snore fest and to torture fans with 5 rounds of slow sluggish stand up is a disservice.

Just get rid of rounds and time limits.

Eventually someone will lose consciousness due to damage or gassing really hard.

Get rid of round altogether. Just fight for 15 minutes or 25 minutes. What I hate most is "saved by the bell" moments (when it happens to the fighter I like I'm fine with it for some reason ;) )

Shut up

I agree with this or at the very least stop 5 round Heavyweight fights. A heavyweight fight past the 2nd round is already a snore fest.

Nah there have been some great 5 round HW fights. Instead of not having 5 round HW fights HWs should just start showing up in shape

When they do the fights can be good, it's just too infrequent

Nah there have been some great 5 round HW fights. Instead of not having 5 round HW fights HWs should just start showing up in shape

When they do the fights can be good, it's just too infrequent
I don't think that 240 pound men should have to fight as long as 115 women and 125 men given how much more weight they have to carry around. Also Heavyweight fights tend to end quickly (1-2 rounds) after 3 rounds both fighters are usually gassed to the point where the fights seem really amateurish.

But I respect your opinion.

If title fights were three rounds, Romero would be MW champion right now.

If title fights were three rounds, Romero would be MW champion right now.
You no forget third round

giphy.gif

Back