When a fighter tests positive, have they always been cheating?

sampuncher

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
When you see a fighter tests positive for something, obviously it puts their whole career in question.

The question I want to ask is, if a fighter tests positive, do you immediately assumed they've cheated throughout their whole career?

For me, guys like Anderson and Werdum, I don't think they've been roiding their whole career, I think they may have took something recently due to their age more than anything. Still doesn't make it acceptable and they deserve the bans although I don't believe Werdum was roiding back in the Fedor fight and that time period.

So when a fighter tests positive, do you still believe that this may be a one off instance? Or do you think that they've got away with it for years and have only just been caught? I tend to find myself more of the former.

Usually when a fighter tests positive they are innocent.

Most casuals think if a fighter piss hot once, they been drug cheats their whole career. I guess Brian Ortega is a drug cheat then. He pissed hot once, he's a cheater, right casuals?

When you see a fighter tests positive for something, obviously it puts their whole career in question.

The question I want to ask is, if a fighter tests positive, do you immediately assumed they've cheated throughout their whole career?

For me, guys like Anderson and Werdum, I don't think they've been roiding their whole career, I think they may have took something recently due to their age more than anything. Still doesn't make it acceptable and they deserve the bans although I don't believe Werdum was roiding back in the Fedor fight and that time period.

So when a fighter tests positive, do you still believe that this may be a one off instance? Or do you think that they've got away with it for years and have only just been caught? I tend to find myself more of the former.

Are you saying fighters like Jones or Anderson were squeky clean and then went on to take PEDs just as USADA came on board?

It doesnt make logical sense.

I think if you fail a PED test in USADA era, it's almost a certainty that you cheated throughout your whole career.

every fighter and every athlete is using something to enhance their chances. at this point, i dont even consider it cheating.

Not if they fought in PRIDE, where PEDs were legal/encouraged.

You can't prove when a fighter started juicing after a positive test, but what you can say factually is that they are willing to cheat, willing to lie, and have zero credibility.

That isn't something that happens with age, it's something in your character which was built way before you got caught.

Most casuals think if a fighter piss hot once, they been drug cheats their whole career. I guess Brian Ortega is a drug cheat then. He pissed hot once, he's a cheater, right casuals?
Anderson fan?
To answer your question TS, yes
If he gets caught cheating then most probably it wasn’t his first time.

I'm not a casual, unlike you.

But the answer is - 0.9 probability that yes.

Are you saying fighters like Jones or Anderson were squeky clean and then went on to take PEDs just as USADA came on board?

It doesnt make logical sense.

I think if you fail a PED test in USADA era, it's almost a certainty that you cheated throughout your whole career.

Not at all, I think someone like Anderson personally and I may be wrong, probably took them after the leg break which was still a while before USADA, maybe that's wishful thinking though.

It does pose the question though, if someone like Cerrone or Ortega tested positive for something in the past, do you believe they're still cheating or again, one off instances?

Depends. If someone uses something that hints to steroids then likely, especially in the UFC. If you're dumb enough to use under USADA you likely used when they barely tested you.

quote-when-you-use-the-steroids-you-use-them-for-a-long-time-when-you-use-the-steroids-for-anderson-silva-106-85-31.jpg

Sure. Why not do it when you fight in orgs that allow it?

2nd bust usually seals it for me tbh.
This is the line I would also draw.

If you pop on two different occasions your career comes into question IMO. Once there's probably some room for leniency based on the circumstances. If you get caught once again you're most likely a systematic cheat.

yes

and when they don´t test positive, they are also cheating

wtf are these threads about "clean fighters"?

sherdog going full teenager here

yes

and when they don´t test positive, they are also cheating

wtf are these threads about "clean fighters"?

sherdog going full teenager here

So under USADA, everyone is willing to risk their career to cheat but for some reason most fighters can get away with it while big $$$ superstars like Jones and Silva are the ones getting busted?

Not at all, I think someone like Anderson personally and I may be wrong, probably took them after the leg break which was still a while before USADA, maybe that's wishful thinking though.

Probably wishful thinking :)

There are theories that his broken bones are a result of long term steroid use.

You can google for steroid induced osteoporosis.

Back