Would there be less bad decisions if there were more judges?

Nah, fuq dat

No judges, no time limits, like back in da early days

8rWSPVW.gif

Last edited:
Pride_Logo.jpg

Only way to get best results, scoring wise.

in theory, yes.

in practice, it depends on how many of them are cecil peoples, adalaide byrd, etc.

There would be less bad decisions if rounds were 10 min + 5 min like in PRIDE. More finishes.

Too much conflict of interest to change things up.

To put it simply, yes. And it's not mutually exclusive with better/more educated judges and PRIDE rules. You could add all of that and judging would be far better off.

Yes there would, let's say hypothetically there were 10 Judges, if 2 Judges score it one way and 8 another, their should be a majority verdict where the person who 8 scored it in favour gets the win.

It'd definitely give less split decisions aswell. 10 is probably too much but definitely 5 could work.

I've heard Rogan talk about it on his podcast in the past aswell, Imagine if the GGG/Canelo fight had more than 3 judges for example.

Easy way to solve it. Fight goes the distance. It's a draw.

Haha, I like it.

Imagine Khabib and GSP drawing with Dan Hardy and Iaquinta.
The scoring system sucks and it has always sucked in combat sports. It's based off of opinion which means technically it's not wrong as people all score fights differently. In basketball a ball goes through a hoop it's 1,2, or 3 points. There's a scoreboard that makes everyone aware of the score.

If in MMA for example they don't want to make some form of scoring system like this for example: 2 points for a TD, 2 points for stopping a TD, 2 points for a sub attempt, 1 point for a scoring blow and a scoreboard with the score then the way fights are scored should just be done with.

Yes, should be 5 judges AND open scoring so fighters know if they're losing midway through their fight

GLORY is doing it right imo

More training and education for the judges. I think they should be in booths watching the fights with monitors, so the audience isn't an influence. At the end of the day judging is subjective and there are going to be fights people disagree on. I think there should be more draws, 10-8's 10-7's

More refs need to put aside their pride and take John McCarthy's course. After Yamasaki promised to enlist, Dana let him off the hook on the Unfiltered Podcast.

More refs need to put aside their pride and take John McCarthy's course. After Yamasaki promised to enlist, Dana let him off the hook on the Unfiltered Podcast.

<Huh2>

you know refs don't judge the fights, right?

Nah. Judging is complicated, and at this moment very unpredictable. Even after several years, people disagree who won the fight. Not easy to be a judge.

Change the scoring. Make easier, more predictable scoring criteria, so fighters, trainers, fans and Judges know how to win. If the fight is close, a split decision or a majority decision, they should just make an extra round. That means the best guy wins in the end.

Back