Which is the weakest male division in the UFC right now?

Andrei Orlovski

UFC black belt
@Silver
Reaction score
HW or LHW? So many old fighters in both divisions, most fighters already faced each other.

I think LHW. HW is always old because it seems they peak later, but at LHW people are hoping Shogun of all people gets a title shot if he beats friggin Oezdemir. That is bad.

Flyweight if we are talking any weight class. If it's only between light heavy & heavy... I'd say that LHW has less depth than HW

Flyweight by far. But that's hardly even a division. LHW comes in 2nd

HW at least has some contenders with Curtis Blaydes, Alexander Volkov, Derrick Lewis. Ngannou did lose and gas after the 2nd round vs Stipe but he is still a monster to be reckoned with for years to come.

HW, FW, and LHW. Nothing new for HW and FW. The fringe weight classes are always a struggle. There simply aren't many men small enough to compete at 125 pounds and the major team sports are gobbling up all of the elite HW athletes. LHW is the oddity. Historically, LHW has been the marquee division in MMA more often than not and it's absolutely barren right now.

LHW. Flyweight actually has some meat in it and is developing with it's only real issue being a champ with unrivaled dominance ability, but LHW is basically a lot of older guys and guys who have fought each other already some 2-3 times already. HW is pretty thin as well, but they guys up there have much more staying power in terms of how long they can stay in the game.

flyweight probably. heavyweight has blaydes, volkov, ngannou, that dude that drinks beer from his shoe, etc. some up and comers

flyweight consists of dj rematching guys over again. cejudo and joe b rematches on the way.........yippie!

HW, FW, and LHW. Nothing new for HW and FW. The fringe weight classes are always a struggle. There simply aren't many men small enough to compete at 125 pounds and the major team sports are gobbling up all of the elite HW athletes. LHW is the oddity. Historically, LHW has been the marquee division in MMA more often than not and it's absolutely barren right now.
until jones fukkd it up he beat a lot of good fighters while on the peds,, shame

LHW and HW equally blow compared to the 10 years ago.

LHW, HW and FLW.

LHW is lacking new talent, Tyson Pedro and Domick Reyes are interesting but yet to be proven.

HW is looking a little better with Ngannou, Blaydes, Volkov and Tuivasa.

Although, Demetrious hasn’t faced 8 of the top 15 fighters in the FLW division, it’s still a division that needs some spice. It’s full of veterans with over 10 fights, most of them losing to Demetrious.

bad when you consider Bader and Davis alone have beaten at least 4 of the top ten LHWs
(Bader - Latifi, OSP) (Phil - Gus, Tiexiera) and McGeary would probably be top 10 or12 too

UFC is reaping what they sowed

I totally disagree with FW if you compare it to when it first started in the UFC.

In my opinion, FW has one of the most competitive Top 10 in the organization.

Holloway, Ortega, Aldo, Edgar, Stephens, Swanson, Lamas, Emmet, Mendes, Elkins. Thats a list of talented fighters.

Up and coming fighters like Moicano, Zabit, Bektic, Do Ho Choi, Kattar, Allen, Tukhugov and the list goes on. One of the best divisions.

LHW is pure trash right now. It's so weak the LHW champ actually has to move up to get a good fight. Rockhold actually does make the division better if he makes the jump up. The UFC should be throwing money at Rumble right now.

It looks like Jones will get 4 years and if DC retires after the Miocic fight (or abandons LHW), who the fuck is the UFC going to count on to pick up the pieces??? Shotgun? On-bail Oezdemir? How about Gonestafsson?

I totally disagree with FW if you compare it to when it first started in the UFC.

Holloway, Ortega, Aldo, Edgar, Stephens, Swanson, Lamas, Emmet, Mendes, Elkins. Thats a list of talented fighters.

Up and coming fighters like Moicano, Zabit, Bektic, Do Ho Choi, Kattar, Allen, Tukhugov and the list goes on. One of the best divisions.

I didn't say anything, was just assuming he meant FLW. FW's one of the best divisions right now.

I assume he meant flyweight. If not, I can only assume the paint fumes he huffs as evening entertainment have finally rotted his brain.

LHW and FLW,

UFC really needs to axe the FLW division and send their its fighters to BW division.

As for LHW,

UFC please hire some young talents from other promotions because your HW are aging and declining rapidly.

125 = flyweight

Back