Top 5 overall technically sound fighters

UFCBlackbelt

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Which fighters would you rank as having the deepest knowledge of martial arts in line with their weightclass. Naturally, lighter guys will throw more strikes but that doesn't mean it's more technical.

In no particular order for currently active fighters: TJ Dillashaw, Robert Whittaker, Stephen Thompson, Max Holloway (though I predict Ortega will finish him), Demetrious Johnson. I also have to mention RDA.

MM
Jon Jones
Werdum
GSP
TJ

I believe these guys to be the most well rounded in all aspects of MMA, some may not be elite in all but theyre all at a high level. YYoull notice that guys who excel in one or 2 disciplines arent eve counted.

there are alot of folks that are great in one area and "good" at the rest. It's hard to think of guys who are great at standup and grappling:

GSP
Mighty Mouse
Dillashaw
Rockhold
Aldo

honorable mentions: Pride Fedor, Pride Nogueira, Gegard Mousasi, Frank Edgar, Machida

Last edited:
Mighty Mouse
GSP
Dillashaw
RDA
Namajunas

they are very good everywhere

Last edited:
Fedor
Nog
Aldo
Anderson
GSP
Dillashaw
Demetrious
Machida
RDA
Penn
Edgar
Wanderlei
Jacare
Romero
Yves Edwards

Sorry. Couldn't pick just 5. All those guys are/were very well rounded. They all have about only one weakness and even then it can be compensated for by all their other skills.

Mighty Mouse, then Aldo then GSP.

The most technically sound HW ever is probably Andrei Arvloski.
dat chin tho

Joe Stevenson

w1s6t2.jpg

Dillashaw, MM, JBJ, Woodley, TFerg. In no order.

Dillashaw
McGregor
Thompson
Edgar
Mighty Mouse

If we're talking primes.

GSP
Aldo
Gustafsson
Mighty Mouse
Cain (gotta take into considering that he is a HW)
Edgar
Dillashaw
McGregor
Mendes

In no particular order

I know thats more than 5 but hell this is hard.

I would love to include Fedor as much as i admire him but i think his boxing was abit reckless and more of a brawler... even in his prime, obviously at the time it was very good by MMA standards as he stood with Crocop for quite awhile.

Funny enough i feel his best striking performance from what i can remember was against Pedro Rizzo where he looked very methodical and technical compared to most of his fights.

No one in the ufc has 2 front kik ko's in their res except machida

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back