Some People Recognize Conor McGregor Only As

Franc Mittelo

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
"that guy who fought Floyd Mayweather and lost." What are your thoughts on this?

m79w1De.gif

Relative to what other athletes have to accomplish to reach the top of their sports, Conor has done very very little. So it’s not surprising not a lot of people really know him.

It seemed like more recognized him than Roger Federer, Lionel Messi, and Lebron James.

I think he’s a unique guy in a very – it’s almost like we don’t have a word strong enough. Unique isn’t a strong enough word. He’s got brilliant ability. He’s incredibly smart. He’s very innovative in his techniques and his approaches and I think he has phenomenal coaching as well. His ability to perform under pressure is fantastic. You saw that in the Mayweather fight. Even though he lost that fight, he hit Mayweather with some pretty good shots and he won the first three rounds against the greatest boxer of all-time. That’s extraordinary. Conor’s an extraordinary person. He has greatness. He’s the biggest combat sport athlete not just of today, but ever. There’s no one like him

It seemed like more recognized him than Roger Federer, Lionel Messi, and Lebron James.
That is why I used the word "some people." There was obviously extensive editing done. So, it is hard to really tell.

Plus, the UFC has a new deal with ESPN. Unlike Dana White, ESPN knows better than to throw a potential source of revenue under the bus.

I think he’s a unique guy in a very – it’s almost like we don’t have a word strong enough. Unique isn’t a strong enough word. He’s got brilliant ability. He’s incredibly smart. He’s very innovative in his techniques and his approaches and I think he has phenomenal coaching as well. His ability to perform under pressure is fantastic. You saw that in the Mayweather fight. Even though he lost that fight, he hit Mayweather with some pretty good shots and he won the first three rounds against the greatest boxer of all-time. That’s extraordinary. Conor’s an extraordinary person. He has greatness. He’s the biggest combat sport athlete not just of today, but ever. There’s no one like him
Floyd literally threw 1 punch a minute in the first 3 rounds. Conor was rope-a-doped.

I disagree. The data doesn't doesn't reflect most of the adulation you have stated. My brother, numbers don't lie.

Conor is a super entertaining MMA fighter. I will give him that.

Could be worse, atleast they don't recognize him for throwing a dolly.

You will cream your fooking knickers, next time you hear the foggy dew. We all will.

A few random people off the street in a world populated by billions. Who cares.

Conor is one of the most famous athletes in the world. That isn't debatable.

Lol so you made a thread to make fun of Conor and yet posted a video where most of the people who were asked knew his name. How boring is your life TS?

Back