Fighters who've inspired you to train in MMA.

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
For the Sherdoggers who trains in MMA or just a single discipline, who had inspired you to train?

maxresdefault.jpg

uhhh all the bullies picking on me inspired me not to die? if that counts. near purple belt level grappling skills helped me put highlight reel street level asswhooping on a few and the bullying stopped. teach your kids

In 1993 me and some friends saw the PPV of UFC1 and were like...WTF?!?!?! The closest real fighting we were doing was kickboxing. Immediately started training Judo and engaging in illegal VHS tape trading as the instructional videos starting coming out to train ourselves.

So....ROYCE.

Jose Pele Landi, dude was such a boss back in the days.

Bas Rutten.....

It was the mid-90s. I was about 12

My dad was a huge boxing fan and I've boxed since a young age. But watching Bas in Pancrase was the motivation for me to diversify to kickboxing/muay thai. Luckily the gym I boxed in was one of the few (at that time) that was also well-known for having a diverse range of martial arts classes.

My dad didn't understand it at first, but he's come around now :)

For the Sherdoggers who trains in MMA or just a single discipline, who had inspired you to train?

I have not trained but will train (!), and these are fighters who have inspired me:

(pretty much most of the top fighters)
  • Alistair Overeem
  • Anderson Silva
  • Cain
  • Cormier
  • Fedor (if I had to pick just one)
  • GSP
  • JDS
  • Jon Jones
  • Jose Aldo
  • Khabib
  • Machida
  • Maia
  • Ngannou
  • Rampage
  • Shogun
  • Vitor
  • Wanderlei
  • Werdum
  • Yoel Romero
Inspirational female fighters:
  • Cyborg
  • Rose

Royce, before him I thought you had to be juiced to the gills to win a fight and I have always been the smaller one since im a natural ectomorph. Royce isnt really that slim but he wasnt a juiced juggernaut either. I saw him catch Severn in a triangle and was like what.. whyd that guy tap? LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back