This Is How Crazy Weight Cutting Is Now

A.S. Deep

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Darren Till, a WW, is near 200 pounds in the cage. As are other big WWs like Woodley. For comparision, Cro Cop, a HW, fought as low as 213 pounds.

Screen_Shot_2017_07_13_at_3.03.42_PM.0.png

I wouldn't be surprised if WWs are over 205 pounds in the cage in 10 years.

Till said he's 190lbs fight week, that's only 20lbs over WW.

In comparison Dern was 140lbs fight week, that's 25lbs over the limit.

I say fuck both of them.

they need to learn to fight people their own size. some big name has to die of kidney failure during a cut for any changes to be made

Meanwhile Mighty Duck is refusing to fight an opponent who would be at most 5 lbs heavier come fight night

Darren Till, a WW, is near 200 pounds in the cage. As are other big WWs like Woodley. For comparision, Cro Cop, a HW, fought as low as 213 pounds.

Do you not think GSP was pushing 200lbs come fight night? There have always been dudes who are big for their division. It's neither a new phenomenon nor a growing problem in my eyes.

CroCop fought in an open weight division. And to be fair the low 200s is an optimal weight in such an environment. Which is why many lighter Heavyweight boxers like Ali, Frazier, Tyson etc (who all fought around 220-230lbs) experienced greater long-term success than their heavier counterparts

Don’t use wmma as an example for anything. None of us take that shit seriously. Mackenzie is a wmma fighter and she herself doesn’t take it serious, why would we ?

The penalty for missing weight is a joke. Mackenzie Dern weighed in for that fight closer to the weight class above than the weight class she was fighting in. A 30% paycut is a joke. Why not cheat? Or at the very least why not push the limit of which weight class you belong in? The reward greatly outweighs the risk.

You can only cut 20lbs from training camp to fight week. Anymore than that and you wont make weight or get hospitalized. So hes 190 fight night like everyone else.

You can only cut 20lbs from training camp to fight week. Anymore than that and you wont make weight or get hospitalized. So hes 190 fight night like everyone else.

Didn't Rumble used to fight at 170? He was cutting from well above 200....hell he had to cut down to get to 205 ! And yeah, he did miss weight a lot, but more and more fighters are cutting 50lbs from walk-around weight to weigh-in.

The penalty for missing weight is a joke. Mackenzie Dern weighed in for that fight closer to the weight class above than the weight class she was fighting in. A 30% paycut is a joke. Why not cheat? Or at the very least why not push the limit of which weight class you belong in? The reward greatly outweighs the risk.

Every pound above should be 10%. Then she would have given up 70% or 80%

Screen_Shot_2017_07_13_at_3.03.42_PM.0.png

Matt Hughes said he was over 200lbs so pretty much nothings changed.

Every pound above should be 10%. Then she would have given up 70% or 80%

Every pound should be 20%. Over 5lbs you have to choose whether to fight for free or not. That way the pressure isn't on the guy who made weight to cancel the fight and let the fans down or not, it's on the cheat that tried to come in heavy.

Once someone in the UFC dies from a weight cut they will make a change.

Meanwhile Mighty Duck is refusing to fight an opponent who would be at most 5 lbs heavier come fight night

I know you’re just trolling to start s, but you can’t be this clueless, are you?

Back