Once Colby beats RDA, will you accept the fact that he's a legit top WW?

Thesnake101

Think about it, it worth it.
@Gold
Reaction score
Currently 8-1 in the UFC with all of his wins being dominant displays, and will soon get a hold of the Interim title because Woodley wants to sit out while two of the best WWs in Colby and RDA duke it out.

Polarising figure he may be, but he's arguably the best wrestler in the division, with only Tyron and Usman matching him in that department.

Rafael won't be able to handle Colby's chain wrestling, and will have flashbacks to his fight with Khabib. He'll give out mid-fight and will look to just survive and hear the judges' scorecards, which will have at least one 10-8 round.

People hate Colby, but what you’re saying isn’t that far off.

I’m not sure if he has the stand up chops to deal with Wonderboy though, and Tyron can outpoint him on the feet all day. Till is still a question mark to me, so I’ll leave him out of the discussion for now.

RDA will smash him into bits. Colby is a good wrestler but he ain't Khabib.

Which is kind of a shame, I'd like to see him fight Woodley.

Colby is already a legit top WW imo. Just don't like that virgin nerd.

He is legit. He will also get smashed. What are you talking about?

Win or lose against RDA and he's still legit. Not even a fan but his wrestling is better than most and I think he's probably perennial top 10 from here.

I already accept him as a top WW. I was bigging him up when he signed with the UFC, and was stunned when Alves made quick work of him. He's excellent. But RDA is gonna steamroll him, and I'm not even a RDA fan. RDA is Maia with good striking. Colby will be running or shooting in a panic by the 10min mark or earlier, quote me on that. He's getting finished here, round 2.

RDA will smash that cringelord but if Colby did indeed beat RDA then he is more than proven himself and deserves to fight Woodley for the real belt.

Beating an old Maia doesn’t mean much. And he didn’t look good until the last couple mins.
Maia looked horrible slow , exhausted and he was boxing Colby up.
I’m not sold on rda at 170.
It would be a quality win and his best win.

Colby is a good wrestler. No submission game no power.

If Colby is at the top if ww. Then ww has never been this bad

Colby is ranked #3 currently. What kind of acceptance are you looking for here?

If he can beat RDA? Fuck yeah. Anyone who's beaten RDA in the last 5 years is legit. If Colby does it he will be too. I still won't like him though.

That said, Colby is getting ktfo! He's not holding RDA down. RDA is going to pick him apart with power shots and low kicks until Colby can't take it anymore. I expect a mauling.

Colby is ranked #3 currently. What kind of acceptance are you looking for here?

He wants us to like his bf as much as he does.

Beating an undersized LW makes you top 10!?

Joking, but I’m sure IF he beats RDA people will say this.
I dislike the guys fighting style and his shtick but if he does beats RDA, which is very far from a sure thing, he will undoubtedly be a top WW.

I think Colby takes it by top control. Would like RDA to win but dont see it happening, would be happy if he wins but Colby is a strong wrestler which is RDAs weakness. Colby is not ready for the champ but he has arguably a good chance against most WW, but he is not a complete fighter which Tyron is.

I would like to see him fight Rory or Wonderboy.

If* Also all these wrestlers are trying really hard to make 170 the most boring division in the UFC, I'm hoping guys like Till and RDA can put a stop to it.

Lol I think TS wanted a big reaction from all the guys who don’t like Colby but instead got guys giving a fairly unbiased opinion while still stating their dislike.

For me it's not about accepting anything he just hadn't beaten enough high level guys for me to think he's elite.

If he lay and pray for 5 rounds, no, I would just consider him another boring wrestler that I'll ignore in future fights.

Colby is a legit contender, I can just think of 3-4 fighters in this division that would really give him trouble. RDA is not one of them though, so I expect him to win.

Currently 8-1 in the UFC with all of his wins being dominant displays, and will soon get a hold of the Interim title because Woodley wants to sit out while two of the best WWs in Colby and RDA duke it out.

Polarising figure he may be, but he's arguably the best wrestler in the division, with only Tyron and Usman matching him in that department.

Rafael won't be able to handle Colby's chain wrestling, and will have flashbacks to his fight with Khabib. He'll give out mid-fight and will look to just survive and hear the judges' scorecards, which will have at least one 10-8 round.

that a huge if I bet rda wont let him get taken down and rda striking is maybe better then colby

Back