Fighters you had high hopes for but that didn't live up to the expectations

Will brooks after the chandler fights then... he lost all his ufc fights almost it was weird. I wonder how Chanlder would do in the Ufc...

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/w...have-high-hopes-for-once-upon-a-time.3767637/

virtually-identical.jpg

Said it before on another similar thread (not hating) just saying, I lived in Colorado a few years back and people at the gyms and in the MMA community were acting like Brandon Thatch was the next coming of Jesus. Obvious the UFC thought the same putting him against Bendo in a main event spot on like his 2nd or 3rd UFC fight. Pretty big let down, but I hope he is doing well.

Hakeem Dawodu + John Kavanagaha = ghey

Brandon Thatch.

Old School:
Pat Smith
Tank Abbott
Gary Goodridge
Igor Zinoviev
Newer:
Melvin Guillard
Thomas Almeida(still young, but I think its a wrap)
John Dodson(still exciting to watch, just not a belt holder)
Edson Barboza(still like him, we all know he can't beat elite grapplers though)

Albert Tumenov
Will Brooks
Marcin Held
Nazareno Malegarie
All already out of the company... Held, Tumenov and Malegarie deserved another shot.... Everything about Brooks was bad

Brandon Thatch.
I was almost sold on him, he even had a Main Event slot

I really thought Jake Ellenberger had a great chance to be a champ. Amazing wresting, huge power...but alas

Also Jordan Mein has been a big disappointment. Too much wear and tear I think.

Roger Huerta, Rick Story, Ellenberger, Alexander Emelianenko, Denis Bermudez, Ishida...

Anthony Pettis... I still believe...

Cm Punk... There is still a chance that his story becomes an epic one.

Ramsey Nijem... What the hell happened to that guy?!

Rory McDonald

Gunnar Nelson

Erick Silva

Brandon Thatch

Michael McDonald !!!!!!!!

Brandon Thatch.

I said before he ever fought as a professional that he was a future UFC champion. I absolutely think he had the talent level. I just don't think he ever truly loved fighting. A lot of good fighters have come out of the CO scene but I can't remember any of them having the type of local hype that Thatch did. The guy was the star of the show even when he was still fighting as an amateur on the regional circuit.

Back