Werdum will cut up Oleinik on the Feet

Ghost in the Dark

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of both guys and if they engage on the ground it will be fascinating. However the reality is that Werdum has sick Muay Thai and Boa Constrictor, while very effective at what he does, is going to have a lot fewer options on the feet. Ok he does have more power than Werdum but Vai Cavalo's dominance in the clinch is god tier and he has a varied output which will be hard for Aleksei to match.

Werdum-knee-Velasquez.gif

Tyg2bo5.gif

3_medium.gif

vrsj2u.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_n4batwKlWc1qdi4uzo1_400.gif

DescriptiveHoarseFieldmouse-max-14mb.gif

Word on the street is that Werdum is done, he got old and slow and lost his touch. This fight is really a make or break for him to stay relevant at the top of the division. Oleinik has looked very menacing in the UFC so far, his 2 losses are pretty meaningless but this is still a big jump up for him. If it does hit the ground I honestly don't know what will happen but I just see Fabricio piecing him up on the feet and staying comfortably ahead.

Styles make fights and usually werdum opens up his striking not caring if he gets taken down and actually hoping he does so he can hit submissions. This fight much different because the boa constrictor I feel can submit werdum, which might affect the way he strikes and make him more cautious. With that said I think werdum wins but I’m hoping he loses.

EDIT: plus aleksi can submit werdum in the clinch standing with that choke. Unlikely but possible.

I wonder if we'll see this

2uz9wg2.gif

Such a fun matchup, can't wait :D

Terrible matchup for Oleinik. Ezekial Choke isnt going to work on Werdum

This has potential to be an excellent fight!

Werdum has more tools striking but damn Id go crazy if Werdum somehow gets caught in sub here

Im affraid Oleynik will squeeze motivation out off Werdum.
Entrance song for Oleynik - I suggest RHCP - Soul to squeeze

Not sure why but this fight doesn't excite me to main event the Russia card. Rather see Volkov represent Russia as a headliner

Great matchup. Would be good to see a grappling match but Werdum's striking is too strong so this will be a stand up fight.

Styles make fights and usually werdum opens up his striking not caring if he gets taken down and actually hoping he does so he can hit submissions. This fight much different because the boa constrictor I feel can submit werdum, which might affect the way he strikes and make him more cautious. With that said I think werdum wins but I’m hoping he loses.

EDIT: plus aleksi can submit werdum in the clinch standing with that choke. Unlikely but possible.
0% chance Werdum gets submitted, especially standing.<{cruzshake}>

I agree that Werdum even in his current state will be too much on the feet for an awkward and painful to watch in the stand up Olienik. Werdum systematically dismantles him and get the finish in the third.

that was prime werdum, he's long removed from that era

Oleynik gets cut up on the feet against anyone.

If Oleynik ezekiel chokes Werdum it would be one of the most insane moments in UFC history

Werdum beat Cain and that's good enough for me. Same as for Holly and Ronda.

I can't stand the fake mexican.

If he fights standing he wont be Clinching him, hes not gonna want to be tied up by clinching. He will either fight on the feet or disregard his skills and fight him on the ground.

Not sure why but this fight doesn't excite me to main event the Russia card. Rather see Volkov represent Russia as a headliner

Volkov vs the Overeem/Blaydes winner would suit me if the winner ends that fight not taking too much damage.

Or Volkov/JDS.

I'm a big fan of both guys and if they engage on the ground it will be fascinating. However the reality is that Werdum has sick Muay Thai and Boa Constrictor, while very effective at what he does, is going to have a lot fewer options on the feet. Ok he does have more power than Werdum but Vai Cavalo's dominance in the clinch is god tier and he has a varied output which will be hard for Aleksei to match.

Word on the street is that Werdum is done, he got old and slow and lost his touch. This fight is really a make or break for him to stay relevant at the top of the division. Oleinik has looked very menacing in the UFC so far, his 2 losses are pretty meaningless but this is still a big jump up for him. If it does hit the ground I honestly don't know what will happen but I just see Fabricio piecing him up on the feet and staying comfortably ahead.

these 40 year olds gassing in the 2nd round is starting to become a trend.

the Werdum we all know and love should have won his last bout. and he should win this next one. but Werdum is battling his opponent and father time.

my guess is Werdum wins 30-27 (i cannot imagine it's a 5 rounder....)

Last edited:
Back