Chucks looping punches

nick jacoby

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I'm sure most of us have thought this before but..........

Its almost like they were the death of him because he didnt bring his hands up to protect himself quick enough...but were also one of the most effective techniques in MMA history.... Fighters were expecting the punch to land... and then it came a split second later and knocked your head off....

2ep7rk3.jpg

21-chuck-liddell.gif

he then threw that looping punch to the body against Rampage in their second fight and got countered..... Such a beautiful right hook by Rampage.... Chuck needed to bring that left hand back up after the body shot but he was so used to bringing them back low.... Nobody can really get away with that anymore....

66z2n7.jpg

Last edited:
Two very good examples of when Chuck had that look in his eyes

relied heavily on power and his chin. he got old and lost his chin and reflexes then all his technical deficiencies got him killed time and time again. Happens to a lot of great fighters.

relied heavily on power and his chin. he got old and lost his chin and reflexes then all his technical deficiencies got him killed time and time again. Happens to a lot of great fighters.

True but he definitely had something more than the other heavy handed good chinned fighters did.

maybe it was heavier hands and a better chin lmao

hahahahahah. Its funny that people think Chuck was on coke in those gifs. Dude literally got lost in the fight and thought he was the one fighting... Which makes it even more hilarious...

not saying Chuck was always sober lol.... but

hahahahahah. Its funny that people think Chuck was on coke in those gifs. Dude literally got lost in the fight and thought he was the one fighting... Which makes it even more hilarious...

not saying Chuck was always sober lol.... but
Was trying to make it look like Chuck was reacting to his own Tito fight finish, live. lol

Was trying to make it look like Chuck was reacting to his own Tito fight finish, live. lol

he could have been geekin' for sure lol.. but I like to think he was just lost in the fight
or thinkin bout the Tito Finish!

Him been your coach on ultimate fighter must have been heart breaking.

he could have been geekin' for sure lol.. but I like to think he was just lost in the fight
or thinkin bout the Tito Finish!

I'm on the side that he gets into the fights. Maybe a couple beers and some past head trauma make it look a little more than what it is.

Funny how chuck gave advice on how not to lean when throwing an overhand but in that gif he leans.

Back