Fighters you wish would try a different weight division

killakillakilla

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
A) Jose Aldo - Out of everyone on this list, I want a new division for Aldo the most. I am and have always been a huge fan of Aldo! But, seriously, what is he still doing at FW?! He dominated FW for years. He's the FW GOAT and at this point really has nothing to prove there. He would also be a very awesome addition to the LWs. I'd be much more interested watching him vs Alvarez than I would vs any FW at this time.

B) Yoel Romero - If Romero beats Whittaker he should call out DC and challenge him at LHW. Yoel vs DC would be bonkers!

C) Alexander Gustaffson - I would love to see Gus at HW and think he would be a good addition to that division. He would be so quick, probably have the speed advantage over everyone. No HW is nearly as quick on his feet as Gus and I might be wrong but I think Gus would still have a height and reach advantage over many, if not most, HWs.

D) Jon Jones - He has cleaned out the LHW division a few times and offers an intriguing addition to HW. Everyone wants to see Jones fight a HW.

E) Demetrious Johnson - He seriously has no competition in his division and he makes everyone else look stupid. He's amazing but the lack of suspense in his fights makes them boring and doesn't do his division any favors. I think if Mouse moved up it would be fun to watch and maybe spark some life into the Flyweights.

F) Stephen Thompson - I mean after those two prior fights with Woodley, Thompson will probably have to nearly clear out the WW division to get another title shot if Woodley remains champ. It sucks for him. Might as well try MW while he waits for someone to beat Woodley.

123_Conor_McGregor_vs_Jose_Aldo.0.01.jpg

Everyone over 6' still fighting at lightweight.

Everyone over 5'10" still fighting at featherweight.

Too late now but I always wanted to see Shogun at middleweight.

Roy Nelson middleweight
Struve flyweight
DJ bantamweight (just kidding hate that guy).

Everyone over 6' still fighting at lightweight.

Everyone over 5'10" still fighting at featherweight.
I'm 5'10 and I could fight at FLW. :(

Accept the lanklets, some of us can't put on weight easily. lol

I wish any fighter who cuts more than twenty pounds would move up.

Aldo vs Pettis still seems like an appropriate fight these days. Except they're both on their way down, instead of being on top of their divs years ago.

I'm 5'10 and I could fight at FLW. :(

Accept the lanklets, some of us can't put on weight easily. lol

I'm 5'11" and up until 3 years ago, I never weighed more than 170-175. Now, I don't even think I could get my weight down to 170 unless I got my mouth stapled shut. Maybe I'm secretly jealous of "lanklets" or something. I don't think I've weighed 145 since I was 15.

Aldo vs Pettis still seems like an appropriate fight these days. Except they're both on their way down, instead of being on top of their divs years ago.

Aldo still offers a unique skill set to the LW division and he’s still young, 31. Maybe he wouldn’t seem as worn down if he didn’t have to cut so much weight? I dunno

If Pettis fought Aldo in 2013 the Showtime hypetrain would've been derailed right then and there.

Gunnar Nelson to 155lbs. It could potentially lead to great results like dropping down a weight class did for Maia, for example.

Love Yoel but I think he was like "F*ck LHW* after Feijao knocked him out, and never looked back.

He's a MUCH better fighter now though. I think he'll do well at LHW. He's sooo close to the belt at 185.

MM 135
Joanna 125
Max at 155 soon

Love Yoel but I think hel was like "F*ck LHW* after Feijao knocked him out, and never looked back.

He's a MUCH better fighter now though. I think he'll do very well at LHW. He's sooo close to the belt at 185.

Honestly I am really only interested in him at LHW because I want to see him vs DC. I think DC is the obvious fighter for Yoel to call out if he beats Whittaker.

Honestly I am really only interested in him at LHW because I want to see him vs DC. I think DC is the obvious fighter for Yoel to call out if he beats Whittaker.

Oh for sure, Romero vs DC would be craazy. A lot of respect between them too.

Back