Yair Rodriguez denies turning down fights and said he was released because he wanted more money.

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score

Did my best with the cliffs since I couldn't understand him very well so yeah whatever.

Cliffs

• Said Frankie Edgar loss put him in a bad situation, was inactive because of family and personal issues. Was still training at the time.

• Was asking for fights in February 2018, talked to Sean Shelby and wanted to fight Josh Emmett in Orlando but Jeremy Stephens got the fight instead. Asked Shelby for a top 10 fights. Said he felt he deserves it because of his record and he is a rising star.

• Wanted to fight Lamas, signed contract but Lamas chosed to fight Mirsad Bektic instead, wanted to fill in to fight Holloway but was denied since Aldo was given the rematch, wanted a rematch with Frankie but didn't get it.

•Agreed to fight Zabat in LA but asked for more money, UFC said no. Wanted to fight Zabat in Russia but didn't get it.

• Said the main issue was money, said he had proof that he agree to the fights UFC offered him.

<DontBelieve1>
more money after getting ass beat in your last fight??

1526299708377.jpg
This

Also, War Yair!

Who do you believe? Yair or Dana “Don’t believe his lies” White?

He lost his last fight. How do you ask for more on your current contract? You signed a contract. Fulfill it. Once fulfilled you then ask for more. Weidman waited until after the first Anderson Silva fight before he renegotiate a new contract and probably made enough money to retire after his 2nd fight with Silva. If the Chris is smart and negotiated properly.

He should have fought out the remainder of his contract and then renegotiated. If all this is true.

This

Also, War Yair!

Who do you believe? Yair or Dana “Don’t believe his lies” White?
Lol like either "truth" is better than the other. It's probably true what Yair said. He asked for more money to fight in LA. (After a loss mind you) UFC said no. So they cut him. I think that's what happened.

So...go about a year without fighting, last fighting being a one sided ass beating, then ask for more money? That's a little odd, not sure why he thought he was in a position to do that, the UFC probably saw that as him saying he wanted to be released lol.

why would he expect them to renegotiate after he lost?

He lost his last fight. How do you ask for more on your current contract? You signed a contract. Fulfill it. Once fulfilled you then ask for more. Weidman waited until after the first Anderson Silva fight before he renegotiate a new contract and probably made enough money to retire after his 2nd fight with Silva. If the Chris is smart and negotiated properly.

He said that he believe the Zabat match up was going to be big so he said fine I'll fight him but i want some more money.

Good for him. Why not ask for more money, especially after seeing this new espn deal. Also this was a really highly demanded fight.

If the contract were guaranteed by the UFC, then I'd agree. But it isn't. They can cut you at any time and are no obligation to let you finish out your contract with them. So turnabout is fair play. You sign a contract for what you are worth in particular sport in your career. If things change, like you become a bit of an interesting prospect, then it makes more sense to push for more money.

Good for him. Why not ask for more money, especially after seeing this new espn deal. Also this was a really highly demanded fight.
Because he got his ass kicked and was inactive. He didn't do his part to deserve more bling.

If the contract were guaranteed by the UFC, then I'd agree. But it isn't. They can cut you at any time and are no obligation to let you finish out your contract with them. So turnabout is fair play. You sign a contract for what you are worth in particular sport in your career. If things change, like you become a bit of an interesting prospect, then it makes more sense to push for more money.
but he lost his last fight; in no way was he in the position to think he was worth more.

He was released because he crossed Baldy on Twitter. Dana is a vindictive fuck.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
i mean either way, kind of your fault.

more money after a loss?

but he lost his last fight; in no way was he in the position to think he was worth more.

He said the same thing but argued that he's 6-1 and still is a rising star so he wanted a top 10 fighter with some extra cash.

He got beat by the ghost of Frankie Edgar exactly 1 year ago. That puts him in no position to ask for more money. Yair is 25 and Frankie has fought more since. Get off the bench and fight. You don't piss away prime years. Yair was in no position to demand more money. If demanded more they said no. Then cut him. I'm with the UFC brass on this one. Let him get some wins in the secondary leagues and maybe bring him back in a couple years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back