What would Derrick Lewis have to do for you to accept him as a GREAT fighter?

BigMuffler

Loli is love loli is life!
@Steel
Reaction score
It seems like the consensus on Sherdog is that the Black Beast is merely a "good" fighter at best, and some won't even give him that. Assuming his style remains visually the same, which of the following would he have to accomplish for you to accept as a true great?

1. Defeat Ngannou
2. Defeat 2-3 top 5 fighters in his career
3. Defeat 4+ top 5 fighters in his career
4. Win the title
5. Win the title and defend it at least once
6. Win the title and defend it 2+ times

He’s not a great fighter.... so....nothing.

He’s barely classifiable as a good fighter.

I'll say 4 possibly 5 depending on the quality of champion he takes the belt from, you can't be great if you are a never was.

Anyone who KTFO of Travis Browne is great in my book

Fail at 25 takedowns, then fall on his back and put legs in air. Makes you a great fighter round here.

Becoming a great fighter would be a good first step.

giphy.gif

Nothing, I already consider him a great fighter.

<Fedor23>

He’s boring to watch

He gave up on the Hunt fight, got TKoed by Shawn Jordan and Koed my Mitrione. He needs a lot of work and hes not getting past Ngannou

Derrick Lewis is fuckng brilliant, man.

He's the modern era Tank Abbott with slightly more cardio and slightly more skill - and MMA NEEDS this kind of guy. Win or lose, he's entertaining and has killer instinct, he goes for broke. His fight vs Travis Browne was amazing, coz he looked outclassed for about 7mins then went absolutely silverback mental and scored one of the most savage KO's in recent memory. He's the kind of HW the sport needs, not based on skill, but based on excitement and that 'oh fuck' vibe.

Back