Gleison Tibau’s return from suspension — thoughts?

Rebel_LioN

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
He got melted in about a minute by Islam Makhachev fresh off a 2 year suspension. I can’t believe he’s still only 34, I assumed he was like 38 or something. He’s now scheduled to face Desmond Green in Utica, NY on June 1st.

What are your general thoughts about him? Any changes in his body? Maybe just ring rust?

Dang, i didn't know he was suspended, i mean... it was a matter of time with Usada, just saying.

He did well against Khabib but we all know who had the chemical advantage in that fight.

Against Green... i don't know, Gleison is very experienced and decent all around, unless his chin as gone away with Usada like Vitors and others have, i seem him winning a decision.

Tibau makes it tough to look good against him unless you get a finish. Don't know if Green will but, should be a decent scrap.

I don't see much future beyond the Green fight. He's been fighting since 1999. He peaked around the Khabib fight before he got busted for PEDs.

My thoughts are he doesn't look like the same guy. Looks like a stunt double, respectfully.

qrYpb_s-200x150.gif
Whatever...?

Cutting a fuck ton of weight forever and not being allowed to take steroids anymore leads me to believe he is going to age terribly

Imo he's probably done

Shoot for a 50 fight record, then retire. The guy has been fighting since before Dana White went bald.

Tibau makes it tough to look good against him unless you get a finish. Don't know if Green will but, should be a decent scrap.

If Desmond green finishes him, I suppose it’s safe to assume 100% he was on the juice. Currently my thoughts are at about 95% guilty.

Tibau was never that great, just juiced to the gills. If he's actually off it now, I expect him to look like dog shit

Green is quick and likes to stay outside. I think he'll pick a sluggish looking Tibau apart unless he's back on his magic muscle juice

You really have 5% doubt?

I'm not convinced Khabib is clean, to be honest.

Russian, has ties with Putin, Russian government funded PED program that passed olympic level testing......yeah.....

Dunno maybe he keeps slipping on a banana and poking himself on a needle.. for like, the last 10 years or something.

I can't stop watching his expression when the punch lands and when he hits the mat. Watch it in slow-mo - his eyes were closed when it landed and he's all like "what the fuck was that?!".. then he gently caresses the refs face and thanks him for saving his life

USADA has ended his career.

Went from being a big jacked motherfucker.
063_Jamie_Varner_vs_Gleison_Tibau.1378004351.0.jpg

To the machinist
gleison-tibau-ufc-fight-night-51.jpg

Back