Gökhan Saki`s striking in the Octagon looked very impressive

Bumblebeef

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
... he gassed but still got a impressive knock out with his back on the cage. right jab to a impressive left hook as a counter. he got a long lay off from the ring and translated directly into the octagon, so its a new world for him and the conditioning works different in the octagon. he never gassed in the kickboxing ring.

in the early stages of this fight against silva, his striking looked very impressive. nothing sloppy.. very sharp, fast, strong and we saw some striking techniques that we doesnt saw before in a octagon.

what do you think will happen when he fights khalil roundtree ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah he's aight.

0000.gif

EYPbVq.gif

gokhan_saki_glory_11_preview-3.gif

gokhan_saki_glory_11_preview.gif

It all depends on how he does cardio-wise. He looked quite bad in his last kickboxing fight as well in that respect, but he now seems to have his old team together again with the addition of some guys he needs for MMA purposes. I would expect him to be much sharper this time around.

Rountree left Syndicate for this fight if I heard right

he almost got beat in the stand up by a journeyman

Elite K-1 striker's striking looks impressive?

<Cage33>

He had the best left hook in the UFC he moment he signed the contract to fight Silva.

Doesn't already. Reem isn't head and shoulders above basketball players and firefighters that he has fought.
He is in terms of technique, his glass chin just can't take a punch for shit.

Gassed in less than 30 seconds and looked pretty bad against a guy who was on a three fight losing streak until he got the finish. Cardio will be the main factor.

casuals shitting on Saki cardio performance,folks, he was more than 2 years without fighting and his last kickboxing fight leading to his UFC debut was against a shot out mid lvl journeyman and he looked bad either,he was basically 3 years without seriously on fight game since he left glory.

casuals shitting on Saki cardio performance,folks, he was more than 2 years without fighting and his last kickboxing fight leading to his UFC debut was against a shot out mid lvl journeyman and he looked bad either,he was basically 3 years without seriously on fight game since he left glory.
Yeah, he actually addressed all these issues in a recent interview as well. He said he was lacking the fluidity he used to have and was thowing everything with power, whoch cost him. Him getting pieced up in the clinch had more to do with the fact that his old kickboxing instinct kicked in, waiting for the ref to break it up, than him not knowing what to do. he quickly realised what was what, which was why he KO'd him shortly after.

Also kickboxers arent muay thai fighters, some have muaythai background and can do pretty well in clinch situations but who didnt have it will be not looking good on the clinch,thats obvious.....

Saki Must be training his close fight clinching game involving knees and elbows to improve his striking game on MMA

And so it should. Mma striking is like a mangled McDonald's cheeseburger. Sakis striking is more gourmet.

Which Silva did he fight again? There are so many of them it's hard to keep track. Anyway I remember being impressed by Saki, but also thinking that I would have to see more of him before I started to think he might be a future contender.

Back