Who is the hardest working fighter in the UFC?

Straightcross

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Sacrifices everything for the sport and dedicates his life to training and does not rely on talent alone? I know GSP trains a ridiculous amount even when he was retired

Sacrifices everything for the sport and dedicates his life to training and does not rely on talent alone? I know GSP trains a ridiculous amount even when he was retired
Cody Mackenzie

rockhold-660x400.jpg

No kid, you know...

Who cares?

Hard work means jack shit. Jon Jones parties hard drives drunk snorts coke bangs chicks with a limp dick and still beats everyone at 25. GSP didn't succeed because he worked hard, GSP succeeded because he had great natural talent for timing TDs and laying and praying, and also because he was a sexy mofo. Both are genetics, not hard work.

Who cares?

Hard work means jack shit. Jon Jones parties hard drives drunk snorts coke bangs chicks with a limp dick and still beats everyone at 25. GSP didn't succeed because he worked hard, GSP succeeded because he had great natural talent for timing TDs and laying and praying, and also because he was a sexy mofo. Both are genetics, not hard work.

Timing is genetics?? Thought it was a combination of experience, practicing and training.

Stipe the fire fighter

I'd say DC recently, regularly fights, TUF coach this year, commentator, UFC on Fox analyst.

Yea, would have to be TJ Dillashaw or Frankie Edgar. their work ethic is really second to none.

Timing is genetics?? Thought it was a combination of experience, practicing and training.

It isn't? You mean to tell me if you or anyone else trained hard enough and gained enough experience you could be as good as GSP at TDs in MMA? Do you think Silva's reaction timing with his punches and dodges were hard work too? Are you one of these gullible 12-year-olds who actually believe in bullshit like "genius = 1% inspiration + 99% perspiration"?

Who cares?

I've always argued that Jones' partying lifestyle helped him because it was an extension of his crazy nature, and his crazy nature is a big factor of his creative style and fight IQ. If you "straighten him out" you also make him lose what makes him a crazy mofo.

There is also the fact that he seems to work very smart. He's talked about sparring smart to preserve his chin and studying every small aspect of his opponents, from which leg they bounce on, to which strikes they like to throw first, and even to their reactions to individual strikes. To many that's not working hard, but in reality that's more effective than doing a hard workout for 3 hours. Work smart, not hard.

Dustin Porier. Watch the documentary Fightville.

Guy has been fighting/training in little rooms with no cameras around 6 days a week ever since he was 16.

Back