Is Magny one of the most underrated fighters right now?

MMAProfessional

Golden Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
With his fight coming up this weekend it just got me thinking how underrated this guy is. I feel most people think of him as a mid-tier guy but looking at his wins the dude is a legit top WW. Seems like anytime he fights a top ten guy he's a big underdog.

When he goes on a win streak and the UFC puts him against an elite he buckles. If he thinks he's underrated maybe he should start winning these fights that will take him to the next level, instead of getting mauled by Maia.

He's good but doesn't seem like a true top contender, sort of a high level gatekeeper like maybe Lamas or Barboza.

I loved the Magny vs Lombard fight. Neil showed some real heart in that war. I'd say he's a case of not quite good enough for the top 5 but he'd give anyone from 6 down a good fight.

He peaked vs Gastelum. That’s the best win he’ll get in his mma career I think.

Hendricks, Lombard, and condit were damaged goods by the time he beat them.

nope
he is pretty much ratted like he deserve
Good reliable WW and a great test for upcomers but not championship material

He's a good average fighter gatekeeper to the gatekeeper....

He used to be underrated when he was fighting even more than cowboy. I think we know what his limits are now

He is underrated. People don't appreciate excellent gatekeepers like him. He's made a name for himself, he stays active to pile up wins between losses, and he's super consistent. Because of that hard work, he provides great opportunities for better fighters to showcase their skills and get a meaningful win. That's the sort of gatekeeping that builds divisions, so mad respect.

I could see him getting the record for most wins in UFC history. Fights often and isn't picky about his opponents.

He has some very good wins... He is tough and smart.

I don't see him as underrated because he has earned matchups with some very big names.

Some of those big names he beat.. Others he didn't beat.

He is still poised to be recognized as Elite with a couple wins if he can string them together.

He's not very impressive, but he gets those W's more often than not

He got beat easily by that bum Maia

Got smashed by Lombard who doesn't really seem to be as good as we all thought in hindsight and the Hendricks fight was way too close.

I can see him having a Jim Miller type career so if you consider that underrated then I guess he is.

Well, sometimes he does surprise you. Like he did against Daffy Duck, Gastelum, Lombard and Condit.

The problem is that also folds and look like an amateur sometimes. Maia and Larkin both won way too easy.

you dont really know what we might get in a magny fight he sometimes is unpredictable similar to osp.

He's just really inconsistent. One fight he's beating Gastelum and next he's getting dropped like a sack of shit against a guy like Larkin.

Back