Stephen Thompson v Darren Till: BBC to broadcast UFC fight live for first time

UL

no more yellows
Banned
Reaction score

via radio

lol

do people actually watch anything else than live stream?

It's because no one has a tv in Liverpool

via radio

lol

WOW! Stop the presses!

Good for all the Liverpudlian fans , now they can tune in via radio!

ww2_family_tuing_radio.jpg
world-war-2-england-the-family-at-home-tuning-in-to-hear-the-news-on-picture-id79036420

So we can watch the fight without seeing it. I think it's great to be put into the judges shoes.

lol - basically this:

All seriousness though, I'd rather they didn't cover mma. It's annoying how many places you need to avoid to not have the results ruined before you get to watch the fights.

It's a good idea. People listen to cricket on the radio, follow who made the cut in golf,etc. All crossover individual sports to mma.

This is actually big news. It's only radio but even so it suggests the UFC is slowly starting to get into the mainstream in the UK https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/44185266

Contrary to what the likes of Dana White, Rogan et al say, MMA is an incredibly niche sport in the UK. Almost no-one outside a combat sports gym has heard of Rhonda, Conor or Bisping. That may be changing?

This is actually big news. It's only radio but even so it suggests the UFC is slowly starting to get into the mainstream in the UK https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/44185266

Contrary to what the likes of Dana White, Rogan et al say, MMA is an incredibly niche sport in the UK. Almost no-one outside a combat sports gym has heard of Rhonda, Conor or Bisping. That may be changing?
Cmon, everyone and their dog knows who Conor is in Britain

That’s the way it was in the States when I started training. We couldn’t buy MMA gloves locally and had to get bag gloves and cut the bars out lol. In some ways it was better though. It was unique and not so commercialized.

Cmon, everyone and their dog knows who Conor is in Britain

I work with several Irish people. Most of them don't know who he is, the ones that do tend to be also into boxing or into contact sports. That is changing but he could walk down most streets in the UK and no-one would bother him

While no MMA fan is going to listen in, this will open up MMA to a whole lot of other people who know nothing of MMA but do listen to five 5 (football fans mainly)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back